four

4 ; stay with me

Saoirse woke up the next day and, of course, instinctually went to her window. Much to her dismay, however, a tree was blocking her view of Robert's; leaving her to gasp—she felt delusional and, worst of all, like a complete pervert—after all, had she really imagined everything the previous night?

But it felt real, Saoirse thought. Maybe it's just the wind blowing the branches in this direction, or something. Maybe an alien planted the tree in the middle of the night.

After hearing her mother call out to her in Serbian, Saoirse threw on a robe before trudging down the steps with a slight grunt. "Yes, mama? I've just woken up."

"You have a visitor, Saoirse." Roisin motioned to Robert, who stood in a well fitted black suit.

Saoirse glanced at the Pole and felt her entire body burn. He's so handsome, she thought. So perfect and manly. "Oh, Robert. Good morning."

"Saoirse. I'm afraid I have horrible news...my mother's flight has been delayed and she won't make—"

"I will watch Nova, it's not a problem. I didn't have much planned for the day, anyways." Saoirse gazed up at Robert with her wide blue eyes.

Robert didn't want to say he felt bad—after all, he was used to bossing people around and making them adjust their lives so that they were in accordance to his—but he would admit that he couldn't help but feel like he was looking at a servient puppy whenever he stared into Saoirse's large and shiny eyes.

"You know what?" Robert shook his head. "I'll bring Nova to the office, my assistant will watch her. You deserve this day."

Saoirse didn't see much point in arguing with Robert—but in addition to that, she couldn't look at her boss without seeing him shirtless and having sex with another woman. As she blushed and looked away, she spoke in agreement. "Okay."

Robert looked around. Roisin had disappeared, and he realized that he'd never been inside of Saoirse's house before. He shoved his hands in his pockets, nodded, and stepped back. "Well, I should get going. I can't be late for work."

"What is it that you do all day, exactly?" Desperate to keep Robert around for as long as possible, the Montenegrin spoke.

Robert sighed. "Things you would find terribly boring."

Saoirse held her hands behind her back. "Do you like your job, Robert?"

Robert offered a polite smile. "At the end of the day, Saoirse, someone's got to do it."

"I would like to see you in your office one day," she blurted. Instantly, she covered her mouth before speaking. "Oh my god, I didn't—"

"—I would like for you to see me in my office one day, too." Robert interrupted her, his voice gravely serious—his expression following suit. Saoirse blushed and looked down at the floor as Robert spoke again. "How about today?"

Saoirse instantly gazed up at the Pole, her eyes wide. Robert found his cheeks burning as he thought, what am I doing?! oh, well—it's too late now, I've already asked her. "I'm afraid I can't, Mr.—Robert. Not today." Saoirse pushed her hair out of her eyes. "You see, I already agreed to have lunch with Erik. I'm really sorry, because I don't want to—"