Chapter 5

Gathering around, Goku was quick to search for the four Kai's before he disappeared with the entire group. The four Kai's nearly fell over from fright because of the groups sudden appearance.
"Hey, King Kai!!" Goku greeted, smiling brightly. Gohan paled considerably, nearly vomiting right where he stood. Oh, that grass looked inviting. Gohan lightly shook his head, breathing in deeply to calm himself, just barely catching the end of Goku's introductions.
"-my younger son, Goten, and this is Gohan," Goku said, placing a hand on Gohan's shoulder.
"Guys, this is King Kai, South Kai, West Kai, East Kai and that is the Grand Kai!" Goku introduced excitedly.

Gohan took this opportunity to look over King Kai, the man who had trained his father for when the saiyans had arrived. Slowly, a glare settled onto Gohan's features as the four Kai's began arguing. Gohan could feel the beginning of what would be a migraine if they don't SHUT UP! Gohan's Ki spiked as he was just about ready to kill everyone, when suddenly the West Kai was in his face.
"Humph, I don't believe that this was the same energy we felt earlier, this boy is way to weak!" The Kai said, instantly being dragged into an argument with King Kai. Gohan sighed, lightly messaging his temples.
"Oh it's him alright," the Grand Kai spoke up for the first time.
"B-but Grand Kai-" West Kai started to protest, but was cut off.
"He's just hiding his true power, aren't you?" The Grand Kai asked.

Gohan could only stare at the man blankly, nodding slowly, not knowing how to react otherwise.
"Come on, why don't you show us your true strength, come with me," the Grand Kai said, gesturing for the group to follow him. Curiously, everyone followed after the old man. They reached an area much like the arena back on earth, however, the stands were covered in odd creatures. Many fighters stood along the sides of the fighting ring, though they didn't look more human than the people or creatures in the stands. The spectators cheered loudly once the group entered the area.
"Alright," the Grand Kai started, quickly glancing at Gohan, who was off staring at the other fighters, not paying attention to what the group was doing.
"Pikkon, I want you to fight Gohan," the Grand Kai said.
"What?! But I want to fight him!" Goku protested.
"I know you do, Goku, but I don't know what your son is going to do once your in the ring with him. Pikkon is the only one strong enough to go up against you, so I'm sending him in instead," The Grand Kai explained.
"What do you mean by that?" Goku asked, confused.
"Your son holds a great deal of hatred towards you, so he might just kill you, and we know what happens when you die again if your already dead, right," the Grand Kai spoke, shocking nearly everyone there.

Turning, the Grand Kai quickly spoke to the announcer before walking away and taking his seat, excited to watch this battle.
"Alright! The Grand Kai wants a random match! Pikkon and Gohan, please come to the ring!" The announcer called into his microphone. Gohan glanced at the Grand Kai, not having expected the man to want him to fight. The teen sighed, not really feeling up to fighting. Stepping onto the ring, his gaze still travelled around the whole area, he was unusually distracted today. Pikkon watched the boy, already waiting for him on the fighting ring. The boy kept looking around, much like his father would, except, when there was a fight, Goku wouldn't get distracted so easily. Pikkon frowned, could this boy really be that strong? Goku would often tell Pikkon about the boy's hidden power and that it would only be unleashed when he was backed into a corner. Smirking, Pikkon started formulating a plan. He knew that the Grand Kai wanted Gohan's true hidden powers to be unleased, Pikkon just had to figure out how.

Gohan's gaze finally came to rest on Pikkon, noticing how the green man was smirking. Gohan stared blankly, occasionally blinking as he sighed, placing a hand on his hip, he used the other to rub at his stiff neck. He needed a good nights sleep.
"Focus Gohan!!" Goku yelled from where he stood off to the side of the ring, scared that something might happen to his son. Gohan sighed again, he'd been doing so a lot lately. The floor looked so inviting, he could just lay down and sleep for years. Gohan was staring at the floor absentmindedly, not paying attention to what was going on.
"Alright! Let the match begin!!" The announcer shouted, watching excitedly. Pikkon took on his fighting stance, staring at Goku's son, waiting for the boy to make a move. Pikkon watched as Gohan stared at the floor, completely dazed. Pikkon frowned, was this kid trying to make a joke out of him? Fine, he'll just have to make the first move. Pikkon charged at Gohan, watching as the child focused on him to late, a shocked look on the boy's young face as Pikkon punched him, sending the boy flying backwards.

Gohan skidded to a halt at the very edge of the ring, his head hanging off the side. Gohan lay there, motionless. Pikkon frowned, that couldn't have knocked the boy unconscious, could it? Gohan closed his eyes, taking deep breaths, feeling an overwhelming amount of anger bubble in his chest, his blood boiling. A sudden hatred for Pikkon rose within him. Huh, wonder where that came from. Oh wait, probably because the man attacked him without warning! He though they were friends now! Or at least acquaintances!
"Was Gohan knocked out?" The announcer asked.
The Z warriors stood staring in shock. Gohan couldn't have lost so quickly, could he?

Gohan sat up slowly, ignoring the people who were cheering as he started to stand, a vicious glare on his face. Pikkon was slightly taken aback at the sudden change, but nevertheless, took on his battle stance once again. Gohan quickly raised his power, but not much, just enough to turn into a super saiyan.
"So, you transform as well?" Pikkon asked, though his question was ignored. An angry growl made itself known as Gohan was slowly losing his fight against his anger. He had to get control over himself, he didn't want to destroy everything.
"You know, you're a lot like your father," Pikkon spoke, wanting it to sound like a compliment.

A crazed look flashed in Gohan's eyes.
"I'm nothing like that man," Gohan said, voice cold as he tilted his head to the side, eyes wide as a sinister smile settled on his lips. The look Gohan was giving him, actually sent chills up his spine. Note to self, DO NOT in ANY way, compare Gohan to his father, EVER! Gohan rushed forward suddenly, nearly catching Pikkon off guard. He punched for the man's face, though he was blocked. He made a move to kick the man in his side, but that was blocked, too. Frustrated, Gohan kept punching and kicking at the man blindly, controlled by his anger. Gohan managed a few hits, but most of his attack were dodged or blocked. Pikkon kicked Gohan, hard. The boy was sent flying backwards a few feet, stopping himself in time to receive a punch to his face. Gohan was so caught off guard, that he couldn't block or dodge the onslaught of attacks. Pikkon crossed his hands and hit Gohan at the back of his head, causing the boy to crash into the arena floor, a small crater created by his body

"He's not so strong, Pikkon will beat him in no time!" West Kai said, staring rather smugly at the scene before him. King Kai ignored him, he was worried for Gohan. What was wrong with the boy? He was to distracted.
"If you ask me, he's not even close to Goku's standards," East Kai said as she watched Pikkon land a few feet away from the teen. Gohan had heard their conversation and had to restrain himself from rushing over there and beating the life out of that woman. He couldn't remember which Kai she was. North Kai? No wait, that's King Kai. East Kai? Never mind, Gohan didn't care. He sat up slowly once again, resting his left knee on the ground, his left hand holding onto that legs thigh. He was resting his right forearm on his right leg, which was raised, his weight mostly rested on his right foot.

Gohan panted, squinting at Pikkon. He was tired, that drained feeling a lot stronger now. He had to fight himself to keep his super saiyan form and to stay awake. His face was twitching in pain, body shaking. He felt so weak. Pikkon watched the boy for a moment before shooting off five powerful Ki blasts, this was it. Gohan's eyes widened, crossing his arms in front of his face, he clenched his eyes shut, waiting for the pain that would surely come with the blasts. After a few moments, he lowered his arms, shocked to find a Ki blast right in front of him. Frowning, eyes slightly wide, he turned. One to his right and one to his left. Twisting his body, he could see one behind him as well. Counting the amount he could see, there were four, but wasn't there five? Momentarily confused, realization crossed over his features. Tilting his head back, he could see one above him. So, Pikkon was going to attack him from every direction? He couldn't dodge these attacks, they were way to close together, but he couldn't let them hit him, they were far to powerful, it would cause to much damage to his body. Panicked, Gohan's gaze turned to his friends and family, watching as they stared at his situation, worried looks on their faces. Krillin was trying to hold himself back from jumping onto the ring and helping Gohan, his father not much different. Vegeta was clenching his teeth in anticipation. The rest stared on in fear and worry. So, they really still care after all?