Chapter 11

Chi-Chi stared lovingly at her two sons who were still asleep. She and Goku couldn't manage to sleep much during the night, but could finally fall asleep when Piccolo entered, promising he would watch over them and wake them when something happened. They were awake for a few hours now, but have yet to actually get out of bed. The two were waiting for their boy's to wake. Goku was quietly murmuring things to Piccolo who stood by the window, ignoring the small dried up puddle of blood. Chi-Chi just ignored them for the most part, her attention solely on her two sons. She watched as Goten stirred, his eyes fluttering open gently. The boy looked up to his older brother with big eyes, staring in wonder at the teen. Goten began to fiddle with the material of Gohan's gi top, nearly jumping out of his skin when the teen suddenly moved. Gohan groaned from deep in his throat, catching the other occupants of the rooms attention.

Goku tightened his hold on Gohan just a little, scared that if the boy woke up, he'd just push his father away and escape his grasp. Gohan's breath hitched in his throat, struggling against arms that were wrapped around him.
"Calm down, Gohan, it's just me," Goku said softly, slightly surprised when the boy actually settled down, relaxing in his grip. Gohan wasn't sure who was holding him, but now that he knew it was his father, he felt safe. Gohan's eyes fluttered open, staring into the big, curious eyes of his little brother. The two stared at each other for a little while before Gohan's eyes flickered to his mother. Both his parents and brother were holding onto him and he wouldn't be able to escape even if he wanted to, not that he did. He felt comfortable and safe in their arms. He shuffled slightly, turning to look over his shouldet, he could see his father's chest and shoulder, but not his face. His gaze turned to Piccolo, who smiled at him lightly. Turning back, he watched as his little brother snuggled closer to him before he settled down.

Gohan's eyes slid closed again, a small smile tugging at his lips as he hugged his brother closer to his chest and nuzzled into his mother, feeling his father's grip on him tighten as the man though the boy was trying to escape. Feeling left out, Goku shuffled closer, his hold tightening even more, not ever wanting to let go, not again. Goku nuzzled his face into the back of Gohan's neck, smiling when the boy shivered lightly. Piccolo smiled at the scene before excusing himself, not wanting to ruin the moment. Once downstairs, he was almost instantly questioned. Piccolo smiled, something no one but Gohan has seen.
"They're fine. They're together as they should be. A family," Piccolo answered and was met by relieved sighs and smiles. Even Vegeta seemed to calm down and relax a bit. Goten refused to let go of his brother, not even for food, even as his tummy was growling, demanding the demi saiyan feed him, he simply refused. Not that Gohan wanted to let go either.

Goku smiled, it's been so long since he was together with his family like this. It made him reconsider his choice to stay in Otherworld. Brushing the thought away for now, he snuggled closer to his family, catching Chi-Chi's eye, he smiled happily at her, which she returned. Gohan was very nearly almost falling asleep again, he felt so warm and safe, so comfortable. Gohan smiled, the biggest smile he had in years, and Chi-Chi was blessed by the sight, memorizing the image and storing it away in her memories. Bulma sneaked up the stairs, camera in hand, wanting to catch the moment. Silently, she pushed open the door, smiling at the family cuddled together in bed. Raising the camera, she quickly captured the precious moment. The flash of the camera caught the attention of the family, causing most of them to jump, not having expected the flash. Bulma smiled sheepishly.

"I didn't mean to ruin the moment, but breakfast is ready and I'm sure most of you are hungry," Bulma said. As if on queue, Goku and Goten's stomachs growled loudly. Chi-Chi laughed softly, sitting up in the bed, followed closely by Goku. Gohan let go of his little brother, almost instantly, that feeling of numbness and loneliness overwhelmed him. His emotionless mask slipped back on as he climbed out of the bed, stretching his stiff muscles. He was guided out of the room by his father, who threw an arm around his shoulder and pulled him along. Gohan felt slight embarrassment when they entered the kitchen, the friendly chattering of his friends almost instantly died down when they entered. The silence was tense.
"Hey, Gohan! Come sit here!" Yamcha called, motioning to an empty seat between himself and Krillin. Gohan smiled, closing his eyes briefly before he took the seat. Slowly, the tenseness slipped away, replaced by a comfortable feeling, something that used to always be between the group. Gohan listened to them chatter, but didn't necessarily pay attention to what they were saying, until someone called his name.
"Gohan? Gohan!!" Trunks yelled, waving his hand at the older boy.
"Huh? Yes?" Gohan asked, slightly confused.
"Will you come play with us?" Goten asked, eyes wide in anticipation. Gohan stared at them, Trunks, Goten and Marron were standing near the front door, waiting for him to answer.

Images ran through his mind of a time when he was dead and had played with the two boys. Gohan twitched momentarily.
"Sure," Gohan answered quietly, smiling a small smile when the children cheered. Gohan stood, walking to the door, he could feel Eighteen's deadly gaze on him, threatening him. Gohan sighed. He wouldn't hurt them. The teen was dragged from his thoughts when the children took hold of his hands, dragging him out of the house. Honestly, Gohan didn't necessarily have the energy to play with the three, but he knew he wouldn't be able to deny them anything. For a while, the three children forced Gohan to play tag, then hide and seek. Gohan was leaning against a tree in the woods, panting lightly. He was hiding from all three of them. They just needed to find him and the he'll have to seek. Gohan took a deep breath, shivering. He could sense something, but he wasn't sure what exactly.

"I need to find them," Gohan said quietly to himself. Gohan walked in the direction of the house, lost in thought. He was caught off guard when a sudden painful punch was delivered to his stomach, knocking the wind out of him. Green flashed before his eyes before he was sent flying backwards, crashing into a tree, Gohan slid down from it and fell to the ground. Gohan desperately took in air into his lungs, lightly pressing one hand to his stomach. Breathing hurt, but he had to stand up and face his enemy. Slowly climbing to his feet, Gohan saw Cell standing before him, smirking at the fallen demi saiyan. Gohan could feel himself bleeding from the wounds the bark of the tree had scratched into his skin on his back and neck. Gohan grit his teeth, thinking of the kids, hoping they would go home and get help. The teen was unsure whether or not he could defeat Cell when he was still recovering from his fight with Janemba. He still had that feeling of being drained.
"Hello, Gohan," Cell greeted, smirking at the boy. Gohan stood straight, glaring at his enemy.
"Are you ready to die?"