Chapter 14

Gine felt her heart clench as she watched her husband hug their grandchild. Gohan's breathing was labored as he tried to calm himself down, but was having trouble doing just that. He was shaking violently in his grandfather's arms. Gine kneeled next to the two on the ground and ran her hand through the child's hair, lightly scratching at his scalp. Gohan calmed almost instantly, the gesture reminding him of something his mother would do. Bardock stared down at the teen's head, which was resting on his chest. What could possibly have hurt the child so that he would have such a severe emotional breakdown? Damn that Cell, he has something to do with this, Bardock just knew it.
"So, your grandson, huh? He's pretty powerful," Fasha stated as she, too, kneeled down next to them, looking the boy over. Gohan frowned, he didn't want to be seen as powerful, in fact, he felt as though he was the complete opposite.

Gohan wondered, what was his family doing now? Did they mourn over him, or are they already moving on? Were they searching for him? Is Goten okay? Trunks? Gohan clenched his eyes shut at his thoughts. Were they going to leave him down here? He wouldn't blame them, he deserves to be here.
"Hey, kid, why don't you tell us how you died in the fist place?" Tora asked, stepping closer. Gohan pushed away from his grandfather and sat up, crossing his legs and arms, a serious look on his face as he frowned. Bardock followed his example, also crossing his legs, though he rested his arms in his lap instead. The others followed soon, sitting so they faced Gohan, waiting for him to talk.
"I was attacked by Cell and caught of guard when my father called for me, he hit me with a powerful Ki blast," Gohan explained.

"Wow," Shugesh said sarcastically. Gohan glared at him.
"I wouldn't talk to him like that if I were you, Shugesh. This one's powerful. When I went in search for Kakarot, he was what? Four years old at the time? He was the first one between my brother and the Namekian to actually do harm to me. I don't know if you remember that, kid," Raditz said as he walked over to them.
"I remember. It's your fault my father left the first time," Gohan said through clenched teeth.
"Hey, it was his fault that he decided to sacrifice himself, not mine," Raditz chuckled, eyes closed. Gohan's Ki spiked as he fazed out and appeared in front of his uncle. He punched the man so hard, he was sent skidding a few feet away.
"Alright, alright, enough already!" Bardock yelled, placing a hand on Gohan's shoulder. Gohan tensed at first, but relaxed soon after.

"You need to get a hold of that temper of yours, nephew, it won't get you anywhere," Raditz said as he stood up.
"Oh really? I seem to remember a number of times that it's helped me!" Gohan yelled.
"Well it didn't help you against Cell, now did it?!" Raditz yelled back. Gohan visibly flinched, breath catching in his throat as he took a step back. Gohan turned his back on them, wrapping his arms around himself. Even his own uncle could see it. Raditz wasn't exactly a good guy, but even he could see that it was Gohan's fault.
"Way to go, Raditz, now the little boy's going to cry again," Shugesh teased, laughing quietly to himself. Gohan shook, he was right. The tears fell as Gohan cursed at himself. He was so weak.

Goku held Chi-Chi as she cried. He, himself, had a hard time keeping his tears at bay. Actually, a lot of them are. Chi-Chi's cries were making it hard for anyone to keep their tears in. Goku's eyes widened. He turned in a direction, shock on his face. Could that be?
"Gohan?" Piccolo asked, staring in the same direction as Goku. It was silent for a few moments.
"Well?! Go get him!!" Bulma yelled. Goku nodded and stood, smiling reassuringly at her.
"I'm coming dad! And there's nothing you can do to stop me!!" Goten yelled, a look of determination on his face.
"I wouldn't dream of it, son," Goku spoke, pain flashing in his eyes briefly.
"Goku," Piccolo said. Goku turned to him, the two nodded to each other.
"Alright, Pikkon, Olibu, Vegeta, Goten, Trunks and Piccolo come with me, the rest of you guys I think should stay here," Goku said, a determined look of his own on his face.
"Please, Goku, bring him back to me," Chi-Chi cried.
"I will," Goku said.

The warriors gathered and held onto Goku as they disappeared. Reappearing in hell, they briefly looked around.
"I can't sense him anywhere," Piccolo said softly.
"I know, we split up, Goten and Trunks, stay together. Raise your power level when you find him," Goku ordered. They nodded before flying in different directions. Piccolo grit his teeth. He couldn't believe it. He couldn't save Gohan again. He was disappointed in himself, he had promised that he would look after the child once Goku left, but he didn't do that. Why? Why did Gohan have to push everyone away? He doesn't care that the teen nearly killed him, he just wishes the best for his friend.

Shugesh smirked at the back of the crying boy before he walked forward, grabbing his wrist and twisting him around violently.
"Tsk. Look at you! You're a saiyan! You shouldn't be crying over petty things like this! You're a disgrace to your race!" The man raised his hand, prepared to slap some sense into the boy, when he was suddenly kicked away, skidding across the ground a few feet away. Gohan collapsed to his knees.
"I won't let you touch big brother again!" A voice said.
"Brother? Are you okay?" Goten asked, touching his brother's cheeks, worry flashing in his eyes.
Trunks briefly glanced over his shoulder to check on Gohan.
"Kakarot?" Both Raditz and Bardock asked in unison as they stared at Goten.

"G-Gohan?" Goten stuttered, staring at the older. Gohan stared blankly at the ground by Goten's feet, not blinking nor moving. Trunks glared at his enemies, not noticing Shugesh getting up.
"Trunks, I think he's broken," Goten spoke, distracting his best friend.
"What?" Trunks asked, turning his head to look at them. Shugesh charged at Trunks, anger blinding him. Trunks turned his head back, completely caught off guard.
"Shugesh, stop!" Bardock yelled, but was ignored. Gohan fazed out and appeared in front of Trunks, punching Shugesh in his stomach, blood flying from the man's mouth and onto Gohan's arm.

Gohan glared coldly. How many times did he have to say this?
"Don't hurt the boys, or you'll regret it," Gohan repeated coldly, pulling his fist back. Shugesh collapsed to the ground, coughing up blood. Gohan stared at his arm that was covered in blood. Much like it was covered in his father's blood the previous day. Brushing it off, the boy stretched out his arm, palm facing the fallen saiyan as he formed a powerful Ki blast in his hand. Like he did against his mother and brother. Bardock decided to intervene at that moment, jumping in between his comrade and grandson.
"Gohan, stop," Bardock said calmly. To the surprise of Trunks and Goten, Gohan stopped. Usually, Gohan only got angrier when someone did that. The two children stared at the full blooded saiyan in wonder.

Realization flickered in his dark eyes. Quickly lowering his arm, Gohan turned and ran, but didn't go to far this time. Bardock stared after his grandson before a thought hit him.
"Hey, you two! You're Gohan's brothers, right?" Bardock asked, walking closer to the two children and kneeling before them.
"Well technically, only Goten is, but Gohan is like a big brother to me, too! He helped raise me! He was always there to protect and play with us, so we helped him feel like he wasn't being forgotten, but it didn't work anymore when Goten's dad came back," Trunks explained.
"What?" Bardock asked confused.
"Yeah, brother tried to kill me and mom, but then Krillin saved us by almost killing Gohan, even if he was already dead," Goten said, smiling at his grandfather. Bardock looked bewildered.
"Can I ask you something?" Trunks asked.
"Uh, yeah," Bardock said, still slightly shocked.
"How did you stop Gohan? Last time someone did that, it was Goten's dad and he almost died," Trunks questioned, a wide smile on his face.
"Uhm,"
"Yeah, wait, you look a lot like my daddy," Goten laughed. Bardock was more than just bewildered. What is wrong with his grandchildren?