Chapter 16

Goku stared, slightly jealous, a strange feeling for him. Bardock had made bigger progress than they had in over a year. What did he do wrong? He watched as Bardock held his son, gently shushing the boy as he cried into the man's chest. Bardock knew that Gohan never once let himself mourn the loss of his father and held onto that pain in favour of being the strong one. That backfired, however, when Goten became a possibility and Gohan just couldn't handle being strong for yet another person. Gohan blamed himself for his father's death and couldn't possibly handle the thought of facing his new sibling with his pain and blame. It was to much for a child to bare and it eventually took over, causing the boy to make a rash decision which led him into taking his own life. Bardock sighed silently as Gohan's cries quieted down. He had asked Gohan to tell him what happened and listened to the teens side of the story. This boy had been forced to grow up before his time and didn't have the chance to be a child. Bardock looked down at Gohan's face, seeing the calm look on his slightly red face. His cheeks especially were red with tears still stuck to them, his eyes closed as he seemed to be sleeping. Bardock knew that teen was awake just by the boy's irregular breathing.

"Gohan?" He asked softly. The boy's eyes flew open, looking around before they came to rest on his grandfather.
"Want to go home?" The man questioned, smiling at the teen. Gohan nodded, but didn't make a move to stand up. Bardock laughed as he cradled the boy in bis arms, hugging him. Gohan laughed lightly himself before standing up once his grandfather let go of him. Bardock took a hold of Gohan's arm, pulling him along, scared that the boy might take off. Together, they took to the air and flew away slowly, not at all rushed to get back to the house. Once there, Gohan took a seat at a picnic table which resided outside of their house. Krillin took it upon himself to try and cheer the teen up as he sat in front of the boy, chattering away.

"Come on, Vegeta! We both know it's for the best!" Goku pestered.
"No! I refuse to fuse with you again, clown!" Vegeta yelled, turning his back on the other.
"Look, Vegeta, I don't think Gohan can take any more of this, look at him! He's already broken!" Goku said while gesturing to his eldest son. Gohan was sitting at the picnic table, staring into the distance, once again oblivious to the world as Krillin tried in vain to gain his attention. Vegeta watched Gohan for a few moments, frowning deeply.
"Look, Kakarot, I think you should talk to him," Vegeta said, slight concern in his voice.
"I know," Goku said, sighing deeply.
"Alright, Kakarot, I'll do it," Vegeta said, sighing in defeat.
"Thank you, Vegeta," Goku said, relief shining in his eyes. He didn't want Gohan to fight again, but if it happened that he needed to, then Goku will take on their biggest threat. Janemba was powerful and Goku didn't want Gohan fighting the alien when he was so distracted, he couldn't take the risk of his son dying again. He needed to fix things, before it's to late, but Goku was considering coming back and spending the rest of his life with his friends and family. He regretted staying in Otherworld, but he had thought that it would be for the best. He knows now how wrong he was.

Bardock stood in the doorway, staring at the women that were chattering away. Gine looked so happy, finally being able to see her youngest son, not to mention her grandchildren. He only wished that it could stay like this, but he knew, once this fight was over, they had to go back to hell and leave behind their family. Bardock wondered, would Kakarot, or as the people here called him, Goku, would he miss them? What about Gohan? Bardock shuddered at that thought. On the same day, he would lose not only his father, but both of his grandparents. It was obvious that Gohan had taken a strong liking towards his grandfather. The way Gohan reacted when he lost his father, made Bardock wonder how he would react at losing both his most loved people in the same day. Gohan already loved him as much as he did his father, or so he had been told by the boy's mother and friends. When he lost his father, he bottled up his emotions and took his own life. Gohan had a lot of bottled up emotions and Bardock feared that it would be too much for the boy to handle when they left. He wonders, what would happen? He doubts Gohan would take his own life again.

Outside, Piccolo had similar thoughts. He was considering asking Goku to stay, let them wish him back with the dragon balls, but would he let them? Sighing he turned and stared, slightly wide eyed as Goku showed the fusion dance to Vegeta once more, before they started practicing, Vegeta looking as embarrassed as he could get, a sour look on his face. Gohan turned his head when he heard the familiar fusion calls. He smiled a small smile at the sight, wondering what it must be like to fuse with someone like that. Krillin laughed as he had followed Gohan's sight, wanting to tease Vegeta, but knew better. Goten stared at his brother, wondering what the teen was thinking. Standing, he walked over towards his brother and lightly tapped him on his leg.
"Mmm?" Gohan looked down at his brother who had a sad expression on his face. Goten said nothing, just held out his arms, silently asking for a hug. Gohan smiled a small smile and picked up his baby brother, chuckling to himself when Goten immediately latched onto his neck, hugging him tightly, refusing to let go.

Krillin smiled at the two brothers, hoping that after this they could go be a real family. This whole thing had been a massive strain on the family. Krillin wondered, did Goku regret staying in Otherworld now that he finally saw what it did to his family? Gohan seemed to have taken a liking to his grandfather, making Krillin nervous as to what might happen when they had to leave. He hopes Gohan would be able to handle it, but he doubted it. He just wishes that the boy doesn't completely lose it and kill everyone. He wouldn't be too surprised if that happens, the boy was already losing control over himself and he hadn't lost anyone yet. That might just be the push needed to send Gohan over the edge and who knows what would happen then. Goten held onto his brother, not wanting to take the chance of letting go and possibly losing the teen again, that is, until they could sense their enemies approaching. Tensing, all the fighters rushed together as a group, looking around for any sign of them.
"Gohan, I want you to leave Janemba to Vegeta and I, okay?" Goku said, turning to look at him, Gohan nodded in response, not feeling in the mood for fighting.
"And leave Cell to me," Pikkon said, placing a reassuring hand on the teen's shoulder.
"Alright," Gohan answered, nodding once.

Gohan tensed when Janemba appeared, smirking. Vegeta and Goku nodded at each other, quickly powering up so that their power was exactly the same, quickly doing the fusion dance. A blinding light flashed, before revealing a man, his power overwhelming.
"I am neither Goku or Vegeta, I am Gogeta," the man said, smirking before rushing at Janemba, the two quickly starting their own battle. Gohan ignored them and focused on what his senses were telling him. The enemy seemed to be everywhere, Gohan couldn't pin point where. The teen turned, only to be kicked in the back, hard. The force sent the child propelling forward, constantly crashing into the ground before bouncing up and crashing into a tree, where he slid down and collapsed to his hands and knees, bleeding from small cuts that covered his body. Gohan looked up lazily, slightly dazed from the attack. His eyes widened, fear shining in his onyx eyes. It can't be. Why him? The man smirked, landing softly on the ground. The others stared in shock, slightly frightened by the power radiating from the man. Gohan understood now. That knowing smirk, Janemba's plan all along was to get the strongest fighters away, his father beat this man before, so they made sure to distract Goku with another opponent. They were all going to die if Gohan didn't get a grip right now! Gohan grit his teeth, seething.
"Broly,"