Chapter 6

Goten was hiding his head in his mother's legs, not really wanting to see his brother get hurt. He might be scared of his big brother, but he still cared for the teen, he didn't want his big brother getting hurt. Looking past his mother's legs, he could see the situation Gohan was in. This wasn't going to end well. Gohan was wracking his brain, trying to figure out what to do. There wasn't much time as he watched Pikkon hold out his hand, fingers spread far apart. Feeling his heartbeat faster, he very nearly called out and quit the match, but it was too late. Pikkon closed his hand into a tight fist, the Ki blasts following and approaching Gohan. This was it. He was going to die. Again
"Big brother, no!!" Goten yelled out at the last second.

"Gohan!!" Goku and Piccolo yelled out, covering their eyes when the Ki blasts exploded, a bright light flashing over the entire area. Smoke and rubble were falling around, settling to reveal Gohan, just barely managing to stay on his feet. Gohan looked down, noticing his entire body covered in blood. Gohan collapsed forward, just barely managing to catch himself, falling onto his hands and knees. Pikkon felt his heart sink a little. Okay, so that didn't work, what now?
"Oh, Gohan," Chi-Chi said softly, her hands clasped near her heart. Bulma was covering her mouth with her hands, why didn't Gohan block that attack.
"Gohan!!" Goku screamed, making a move to jump onto the ring, but was stopped by Piccolo. Krillin was frozen to his spot, not knowing what to do.
"N-no," Trunks stuttered, scared that Gohan might just die.
"What are you doing Piccolo?! I have to save him!" Goku yelled.
"Just wait! Gohan's fine, just hurt," Piccolo answered. The four Kai's stood staring, what just happened? King Kai could feel his heart nearly leap out of his chest as the boy's arms shook under his own weight, eyes clenched shut in pain. What was Pikkon thinking?! He could have killed Gohan!

Gohan panted harshly, pain spreading through his entire body. It hurt to breathe, but Gohan didn't want to give up, not yet! Get up! Gohan was mentally shouting to himself to get up, that he looked weak in front of all these people.
"You should give up, you're in no condition to continue this fight," Pikkon said, not wanting to continue and maybe even kill the boy. Gohan glared at the green man, taking a deep breath, he stood, his legs shaking. This reminded him of how he felt when he fought against Cell. He needed to tap into his hidden power, but he was scared, he might kill Pikkon. But, that's exactly what the man wanted. He wanted Gohan to release his hidden power, the Grand Kai wanted it as well. Even the four Kai's were watching in anticipation. A small voice in the back of his head called out, reminding him that his father and Piccolo were watching and he didn't want to let them down. Though, he didn't necessarily want to make them proud, he just couldn't get rid of that small part of his old self. Always wanting to make his mentor and father proud. Well, he's about to do just that.

Taking a deep breath, Gohan spread his legs, crying out in pain as he raised his arms, clenching his hands into fists. Taking deep breaths, Gohan began to raise his power. The earth started shaking as he screamed, this was really hurting his body, but he had to do it. The crater in which he stood, grew deeper at the force of his power. Pikkon's eyes widened slightly. This boy, a mere child, held so much power and he was still gaining more! At this rate, Pikkon wouldn't stand a chance against the boy. As Gohan reached further for his hidden power, he started to feel faint, deciding that he should stop there, he stood straight, a frown on his face as he stared at Pikkon. He had ascended into super saiyan 2 form, however, he hadn't completely unleased the power that came along with it.

Taking on a battle stance, Pikkon watched Gohan closely, trying to think what the boy might do. Gohan felt his arm twitch, he was in so much pain and losing quite a lot of blood. If he didn't finish this fight soon, he might just faint. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see both Trunks and Goten cheering for him, hanging of the edge of the ring. In fact, all his friends and family were cheering for him, his mother screaming at him to beat Pikkon. Turning his head to look at them completely, he could see that none of them even tensed at his gaze. His face softened, a small smile forming on his lips as he closed his eyes briefly, making him seem younger. Turning his attention back to Pikkon, he prepared himself to attack, though this time, he wasn't going to let his anger get the better of him, he was going in with a clear mind.

Chi-Chi nearly cried when Gohan smiled at them, his eyes had been so full of sadness. She realizes that what they have been doing wasn't right, but that fear at the back of her mind was preventing her from treating her eldest son the way she used to. He had nearly killed her and Goten, but somewhere in her heart, she knew it wasn't really her son, he had been so emotionally unstable that he didn't know what he was doing. He was so hurt and alone. For over seven years the only people to have been able to see him, were two children. Chi-Chi was aware that Gohan had lost his memories for a long time, but somewhere in the day that Goku came back, he had gotten them back. She knew now that her son needed love, but she has yet to give it to him. Silently, she promised herself that from now on, she was to smother her baby boy with love.

Gohan took in a deep breath before rushing at Pikkon, arm ready to strike. Pikkon managed to block the attack, but didn't notice the kick Gohan landed until it to late. The kick caused Pikkon to fly backwards, stopping himself, he and Gohan threw numerous kicks and punches. Pikkon dodging and blocking more than Gohan. The teen briefly paused, raising his power a little more before attacking Pikkon again. A powerful kick to the side sent Pikkon propelling to the ground, but he managed to stop himself from hitting the ground. Charging a powerful Ki blast, Pikkon panted lightly, this boy was strong. Sending the Ki blast to Gohan, he watched as the boy made no move to block or dodge.

At the last moment, Gohan fazed out, appearing behind Pikkon and hitting the man at the back of his neck, catching him off guard. Turning, Pikkon swung his fist, though Gohan ducked and punched the man in his stomach. The wind left Pikkon to quickly for his liking, spit mixed with a little blood falling from his mouth. Gohan repeatedly punched Pikkon in his stomach, chest and face. Spinning, Gohan landed a powerful kick to Pikkon's face, sending the man flying out of the ring and crashing into the wall by the stands with the spectators. It was silent for a moment before cheering erupted from the crowd once Pikkon fell forward, landing on his stomach before he pushed himself up. Gohan closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to calm himself down and let go of his super saiyan form.

"Amazing!! Pikkon is out of the ring! Gohan wins!!" The announcer shouted, causing the crowds cheering to grow even louder. Gohan smiled a small smile, closing his eyes again. Breathing deeply, he tried to calmly walk off of the ring.
"That's my baby boy!!" Chi-Chi cheered, pushing passed her friends and running up to Gohan. The teen panted, watching as his mother came rushing to him. He grunted in pain once she latched onto him, hugging him tightly, though Gohan ignored the pain and enjoyed the hug, returning the affectionate gesture.
"You did great, Gohan!!" Krillin congratulated, smiling widely at the boy. Everyone temporarily forgot about their fear for the boy.

"Good fight, we should fight again sometime," Pikkon said, briefly brushing dust and rubble from his clothes before offering the teen a smile.
"Sure," Gohan answered, rubbing the back of his neck with a small smile.
"That was great, Gohan!!" King Kai shouted.
Gohan turned, watching as the Grand Kai walked over to him.
"Heh heh, I'd like to train you, once your dead of course," the Grand Kai laughed. Gohan smiled, though he couldn't make out what the man was saying. His vision blurred before doubling, the pain intensifying as his hearing went weak, sounding as if he were listening from under a mass of water. Gohan's eyes rolled to the back of his head as his body collapsed.

Chi-Chi watched in shock as Gohan's body went limp, quickly snapping out of it, she rushed forward and and caught his body, just as it collapsed.
"Oh, my poor baby!" She shouted as she cradled the boy in her arms.
"Don't worry, he's just exhausted," Pikkon reassured.
Chi-Chi sighed in relief, brushing Gohan's hair out of his face.
"Alright, you all should get back to earth, who knows when Janemba would show himself, not to mention those bunch in hell," The Grand Kai said.
"Alright, see you guys later!!" Goku yelled as everyone that needed to go to earth gather around him. Chi-Chi, still cradling Gohan, held out her hand for Goten to take.

Disappearing, they reappeared outside of Goku's house.
"We should probably get him to bed so that he could get some rest," Chi-Chi spoke.
"Here, I'll take him," Goku offered, stepping forward. He scooped up Gohan's body, smiling as the boy shifted, resting his head on Goku's chest. Slowly, while still staring at Gohan's face, Goku walked into the house, careful not to trip and fall. Pushing Gohan's bedroom door open with his foot, Goku stepped into the dark room. Gently placing the boy on the bed, he covered Gohan with a few blankets before standing straight, staring lovingly at the boy for a few moments before he turned and left the room, softly closing the door behind him. He needed to sort things out with Gohan, before things got out of hand. He wanted to spend some quality time with the boy before he left. He just hoped that Gohan would forgive him.