Chapter 15

"So, why do you look so much like Goten's dad, mister?" Trunks asked.
"Oh!! Trunks we should let the others know we found Gohan!" Goten exclaimed.
"Oh, right," the two children quickly raised their power levels, but not too much. Bardock paid them no mind, staring at his elder grandson, who was now sitting, rocking back and forth, shaking as he hugged himself.
"Something's really wrong with that child," Bardock muttered to himself, dragged from his thoughts by the sound of someone's feet hitting the ground.
"Dad! Look, we found Gohan!!" Trunks yelled, waving at his dad. Vegeta scowled and walked closer, almost instantly recognising the man stood by the two children.
"Well well well, if it isn't the low class warrior, Bardock," Vegeta smirked, knowing that this soon to be reunion was going to be interesting.

"Prince Vegeta?" Bardock asked, shocked.
Vegeta merely laughed at Bardock, his attention was grabbed, however, when he felt a tug on his armour.
"Uncle Vegeta? Can you please look at Gohan? I think he's broken," Goten asked, pointing at the teen rocking back and forth. Vegeta followed the pointed finger and sighed at the sight that greeted him. A pain filled groan drew his attention, his eyes widening slightly at the man laying on the ground.
"What happened?" Vegeta asked, still staring at the man.
"That boy happened. Shugesh was going to attack Trunks when Gohan punched him," Fasha explained. Vegeta frowned, reminded of what had happened the previous day.
"Kakarot better hurry up, he's son's  completely losing his mind!" Vegeta spoke angrily, staring at Gohan. As if on queue, Goku landed a few feet away, soon followed by Pikkon, Olibu and Piccolo.

"Gohan?!" Goku called worriedly after seeing the man.
"Your son's over there, Kakarot," Vegeta pointed out. Gine felt her breath hitch at the sight of her youngest son. It was the first time she had seen him grown up and it hurt to realise that she had missed a lot of things with him. She gasped slightly as she realized this, though she was completely ignored as Goku rushed right passed everyone and towards his own son. She stared longingly after him. Piccolo stared at Bardock, slightly confused as to why the man looked so much like his best friend's father, though he pieced it together when he noticed the woman stare longingly after Goku.
"You're Goku's parents, aren't you?" He asked, gaining their attention. Bardock nodded slightly, knowing exactly who Piccolo was talking about.
"Gohan and Goten are our grandchildren," Bardock stated.

Vegeta snorted, chuckling to himself before smirking.
"You're in for a lot of drama with that one," Vegeta said, gesturing to Goku and Gohan.
"About that. I was hoping you could fill us in?" Bardock asked. Piccolo took in a deep breath as Vegeta's smirk slipped from his face, replaced, surprisingly, by a rather sad look.
"It's a long story," Piccolo said, closing his eyes, preparing himself for all the memories to come.
Goku watched sadly as Gohan rocked himself, quietly muttering 'It's all my fault,'
He knelt down next to his son, gently touching the boy's cheek, his heart breaking when Gohan flinched away from his touch. Goku didn't give up and grabbed the boy, hugging him tightly to his chest. Gohan struggled viciously.
"Let go! Let go of me!! Please," Gohan begged before he stopped, breathing heavily.

"It's alright now, son, I've got you," Goku spoke, gently rocking them back and forth.
"I'm okay now, dad," Gohan said after a few moments, his voice void of all emotion.
"Alright. Let's get you home, okay?" Goku looked down, watching as Gohan nodded.
Bardock felt his heart clench at the story, knowing that he only got one side and that he needed to hear Gohan's. The group looked up at the two approaching, Gohan staring at the ground as Goku looked forward, frowning. Gine felt her heart nearly jump out of her chest.
"Alright, I think we should go," Goku said, getting ready to leave.
"Hold on, Goku, I think these people might have to come with," Piccolo said softly.
"What? Why?" Goku asked, confused.
"Kakarot, this is your mother and father," Vegeta said, gesturing to Bardock and Gine.

Goku's eyes widened, his heart skipping a beat.
"R-really?" He asked, staring at his parents in disbelief.
"Oh, Kakarot," Gine cried, rushing forward and forcing Goku into a hug. Bardock merely smiled at the two, not necessarily knowing what to do. After a few moments, Goku decided to return his mother's hug. Gohan shook as he watched them, slightly jealous, though he couldn't figure out why. The teen nearly jumped out of his skin when an arm was thrown around his shoulder. He looked to the side, noticing Fasha looking at the scene with a small smile.
"Hey, you okay, kid? You're shaking like a leaf," she stated, turning her attention to Gohan. The teen stared blankly at her, almost dazed.