Chapter 12

In hell, a man sat by the blood fountain, arms folded over his chest as he seemed to be meditating. Gine stood a few feet away, staring at her husband, worry flashing in her eyes. She was of average height and slender built. With a light-complexion, onyx eyes, and shaggy black hair reaching her shoulders, the woman looked over all gentle. Slowly, she walked over to the man, gently placing a soft hand on his shoulder, gaining his attention.
"Bardock?" She asked softly.
"Something's coming, I can feel it," the man explained, a deep frown on his face.
"Should we prepare for battle?" Tora asked. He was a tall man with his hair kept in a small ponytail at the back of his head, skin a dark tan color.
"I don't know," Bardock spoke, deep in thought. What was this feeling?

"I think we should, just to be safe," Fasha said, walking over with the rest of her comrades. Fasha had short black hair and eyes that seemed to be purple, she was a fierce woman, but gentle in her own way.
"What could be worse than Cell?" Tora asked, raising his guard just in case.
"A boy?" Bardock spoke, though it sounded more like a question.
"A boy? More powerful than Cell?" Fasha asked, confused.
"I don't know, it's to vague, I can't make anything out," Bardock said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.
Gine looked off to the side, not wanting to think of the possibility of having to fight a child.
"I know how you feel, Gine, maybe we won't have to fight," Bardock said, trying to reassure his wife.
"I hope so, I really do,"

Gohan grunted as another punch hit him on his cheek. His lip was cut open and bleeding as well as his eyebrow, not to mention the amount of small cuts and bruises that were forming all over his body. He was exhausted and couldn't seem to gather enough energy to at least dodge the attacks being thrown at him. Trunks watched silently as Gohan was beat mercilessly. Sneaking away slowly and silently, he took off running to the edge of the woods where Goten and Marron were waiting. He had gone in search of Gohan seeing as their mothers had called for them, wanting them to return home. He could see the little house in the distance and sprinted towards it, running passed the other two children, completely ignoring Goten's calls for him. Running to the house, he slammed the door open causing all of the adults inside to jump at his sudden and loud entrance.

"Someone help!! Gohan's being attacked!!" Trunks yelled, almost instantly running back out of the house after yelling at the fighters. Trunks ran passed Goten and Marron again, confusing the two as to what was going on.
"Marron!" Eighteen yelled, grabbing her child and hugging her close after looking the girl over, making sure she wasn't injured. Coming back to her senses, Eighteen ran after Goku and Vegeta, who seemed to be at the front of the group racing after Trunks. Gohan had barely managed to raise his power level, but not managing to go further as Cell kept attacking him, not giving him even the smallest of moments to ascend into the next stage of super saiyan. Gohan could sense his friends and family rushing this way and felt relieved at the knowledge that he would soon have backup to help him.

"Gohan!?" Goku yelled, coming to a stop a feet from where Gohan was attempting to dodge Cell. Gohan blocked a kick, the force pushed him back a bit from where he was floating in the air.
"Dad!" Gohan yelled back, distracted. His distraction proved fatal as Cell pulled back one of his arms, forming a powerful Ki blast in his hand. Thrusting it forward, Gohan looked back in front of him, in time to see Cell press the Ki ball to his chest. He let it go, causing a massive explosion to go off, Gohan screaming in pain as the blast ripped through his  body.
"No!!" Goku exclaimed, watching in disbelief as his child was possibly killed.
"GOHAN!!!!" Chi-Chi screamed, blocking out the sound of everyone else calling Gohan's name as she sank to her knees, watching as the blinding light flickered out, revealing Gohan's broken body as it slowly fell to the earth.

Goku ran as fast as he could, jumping into the air and grabbing Gohan at the last moment.
"Gohan?! Come on son, please!" Goku yelled, ignoring everyone rushing over. Cell landed a few feet away from them, smirking at the scene. Perfect. Pikkon and Olibu tensed, preparing themselves for when Cell would attack, allowing Goku his last moments with his son.
"D-da-" Gohan started, but got cut off as he coughed viciously, blood spurting out of his mouth and dribbling down his cheeks and chin.
"Gohan, try not to talk son, you'll be okay!" Goku reassured, tears welling up in his eyes.
"No, you won't, Gohan. He's lying to you, you're going to die and secretly, he's happy about that," Cell said, his smirk widening.
"Shut up!!" Olibu yelled, angered by the android's words.

"He's blaming you, Gohan. For his death and nearly killing him again yesterday. Not to mention nearly killing his wife and son. And his best friend. He's even angry at you for wanting to kill Seventeen," Cell laughed quietly to himself.
"Don't listen to him, baby, okay?" Chi-Chi spoke, running her fingers through Gohan's bloody hair. Goku cradled his son to his chest, wanting to shield the boy from those hurtful words.
"I bet, he hates you. That's why he decided to stay in Otherworld and come home to be with you. You're a disgrace to your family and friends. That's why, he didn't rush over sooner to help you. He thinks, you're better off dead!" Cell sneered, knowing that he was pushing the right buttons.

"I'll kill you!!" Goku yelled, placing Gohan on the ground and rushing at Cell, quickly followed by Pikkon, Olibu and Vegeta.
"Gohan? Look at me sweetie, don't close your eyes!!" Chi-Chi cried as she cradled the boy. Piccolo was at their side in an instant, attempting to talk to the boy to keep him awake.
"Don't worry, Gohan, Dende can heal you!" Krillin yelled, frantically waving the smaller Namekian over.
"N-no," Gohan choked out, blood dripping from his mouth.
"What are you saying, Gohan?" Yamcha asked.
"I-I'm n-not going t-to...make it," Gohan breathed, struggling to take in air.
"Don't be silly, Gohan!" Krillin said, trying to keep himself from crying.
"P-please...f-forgive...me," Gohan's breathing was shallow, his eyes half lidded.

"Of course we forgive you if you forgive us?" Bulma asked, tears slowly falling from her eyes. Gohan only replied by smiling a bright smile. His eyes fell shut as his breathing stopped, smile slowly slipping from his face as he fell limp in his mother's arms. Chi-Chi began shaking Gohan, crying for him to wake up. Piccolo clenced his eyes shut. This was to similar to the first time Gohan died.
"Gohan!!" Chi-Chi cried, catching the attention of Goku and the others who were fighting as well as the children's.
Eighteen had take it upon herself to keep the three away from the scene, not wanting them to witness the older boy's death. Goku turned, seeing Chi-Chi cry, Goku collapsed to his knees, not having expected Gohan to actually die.
"B-Big brother?" Goten asked, seeing Gohan clutched in his mother's grasp, he knew what happened. It wasn't the first time Gohan died and it probably won't be the last, in fact, everyone has died more than once, however, it never gets any less painful. Cell smirked and used his instant transmission to appear in front of Chi-Chi and Gohan. He grabbed the body, Chi-Chi reaching out to grab a hold of her son's body, but it was too late as Cell disappeared.
"Gohan!"