Room 1a

[] [] []

"I'm back!" He yelled, entering the small apartment that I now lived in with my twin sister.

"I don't care." I called back in response.

"Wow I leave for 3 weeks and that's the welcome I get?" My best friend complained as he snatched the bag of crisps I was previously eating out of my hands.

I whined in protest as he turned off the tv show I was engaged in before sitting down next to me.

"Are you going to ask me how my trip was?"

I sighed, "How was your trip?" I said sarcastically.

"My parents were so happy to see me, but they kept asking about you."

"That's because your family loves me." I took my packet back from him.

Calum and I had always been friends since before the day we could walk. This has resulted in me practically being in the Hood family and him being in mine.

"Yeah but they didn't say anything about Sophie..."

Sophie was Calum's girlfriend of about 4 months. However everyone seemed to always think that Calum and I would 'get together' however that just never happened.

We've had a few awkward drunk moments of almost kissing each other. But honestly I could never imagine Calum and I ever being in a relationship. It just wasn't like that.

But whenever Sophie was mentioned it always put a damper on our conversations. It's not that I didn't like her, but I didn't trust her. And I couldn't, it's not like I had a reason to.

Sophie is so beautiful but unfortunately she doesn't have the personality to match.

"Calum I'm sure they love her just as much as you do." I reassured him.

"I don't love her." He chuckled.

"Sure you do, it's so obvious. You should just tell her already." I said poking at his cheeks that were already turning a slight shade of pink.

"Anyway, how did she take you being back?" I asked invested in my tv show.

"I haven't seen her yet. I was going to go over there later." He shrugged.

Between Sophie and I Calum had always put me slightly before her. She didn't like it and the amount of times she had accused Calum of cheating on her with me was too many.

Actually it had happened with a lot of Calum's previous girlfriends. I don't understand why they couldn't understand that Calum and I weren't like that.

"Are you watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians?" He asked starting to laugh.

"Yes now shutup" I said putting my hand over his mouth, a decision I very quickly regretted as he licked my hand.

I pulled away in disgust.

"At about 7 I'm going to go say hi to the boys after going to Sophie's what to come with?"

"Yeah mmm yeah sure." I said trying to understand the drama that was going on the TV.

"Did you even listen to what I just said?" He asked lifting and eyebrow up.

I shushed him as I reached for the remote to turn the volume back up. However he very rudely intercepted my remote grabbing and turned off the tv all together.

"At 7 be ready to go, we're going to see the boys." He said as he stood up to leave.

"Oh my god, whatever" I said practically pushing him out of my apartment still angry at him for turning off my show.

As he was about to leave through the front door I stopped him.

"Wait how did you get in?" I asked with a mixture of confusion and concern as I remembered locking the door.

"With the spare key." He said as if it was obvious.

"I don't have a spare key." I deadpanned.

"Well I do." He said holding up a pair of keys that looked identical to mine.

"Goodbye Calum." I said closing the door on him as he laughed at me.

[] [] []

So this is chapter 1. Every chapter is gonna be called 1a, 1b, 1c (e.c.t) I'm really excited for this book so let's hope it goes well :/

~Author x