Room 5b

[] [] []

"What."

"Calum I'm so sorry."

"Who with? Do I know him?" He asked not looking up.

"Calum I'm sorry."

"Who with?" He demanded.

"Luke."

"The son of a bitc-" he interrupted himself with a voice crack.

It pained me to actually see him this upset first hand.

"How do you know?"

"The day after you left I went to go and return your hat and sunglasses to your apartment and there were making out on your couch. I'm so sorry."

"Would you just stop? Stop fucking apologising! What can you do? Go back in time? Stop the one girl I love from cheating on me with my pathetic excuse for a best friend? No? Well until you can do that stop apologising!"

"Calum." I said trying not to tear up at his harsh words.

This was the first time Calum had said something properly mean to me and meant it. Maybe he didn't mean it. I tried to not let his words get to me.

I knew he was going through a hard time and most likely didn't mean it. But his words still stung.

Wait did he say the only girl he loved?

The only girl he loved?

Sophie.

I shouldn't have let myself come here. I knew he loved her and only her. It was stupid of me to think that he could love me as more of a friend.

That's all I was and would ever be to him. A friend. Nothing more.

That's when it became clear to me.

I loved Calum. Not just as a friend. As more. It has always been a possibility but I never thought it would happen.

I never thought I would actually fall in love with him. until tonight.

But I loved him and he didn't love me back.

[] [] []

Dun dun dun. Jk it's too lame for that.

There's about 4 chapters left then there's going to be 2 epilogues.

Working on a ship name #cashley or #ashlum????