Room 3b

[] [] []

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. What am I doing in a dress.

I never wear dresses unless it's completely compulsory.

And apparently in this case it was.

My dress was black and reached just above the knee. It hugged my chest tightly making my boobs appear way bigger than they actually were, however it still had a hint of class as it came out at my waist.

It belonged to Nat, she said it was to impress Calum without seeming like I wanted to impress him.

Did I want to impress him? Personally I don't think anyone should have to impress their romantic interests, but by all means if you want to, go for it. Looking nice never hurt anybody.

"Wow you look so beautiful, you should make an effort more often."

"Ha ha." I said sarcastically.

"Are Michael and Ashton still coming to pick you up?"

I nodded. The dinner party was being hosted at Calum's to celebrate Sophie moving in to his apartment.

I would have normally worn simple clothes but Calum said I 'had to wear posh clothes so he could host his first posh person dinner party'.

Unbelievably Calum hadn't had many girlfriends in the past.

He went through a slight stage where he had had many flings and one night stands; but never a serious girlfriend.

As soon as he hit 23 he decided that he wanted to settle down with a real girlfriend and have a proper relationship and that's when he met Sophie.

And now she was moving in to his apparent only 4 months later.

[] [] []

"You look really nice Ash." Ashton greeted me

"Right back at 'ya Ash." It's true he did look nice. Both of them did. They were both wearing button up shirts and black skinny jeans
It was almost like they had coordinated their outfits.

"Wow, you look hot." Michael said.

"Am I missing something here?" Confusion written all over Ashton's face.

"Nope absolutely nothing." I said getting into the back of the car.

I double checked to make sure that I had a set of keys and my phone in my purse. Before Ashton Started driving to Calum's.

"Why isn't Luke here again?" Ashton asked.

"He said he was making his own way there, somethings bout being out of town I don't know."

The rest of our conversation was just joking around and laughing at funny stories.

By the time we arrived Luke was already there and talking to Sophie.

"Hi guys!" Sophie said in an overly excited voice. She hugged each of us.

"Wow Ashley I like your hair, blue really is your colour." Sophie commented

"Thanks I like your...." I tried not to laugh at her as her smile dropped.

Now I know what your thinking: wow Ashley how could you be such a bitch? But in all fairness she had it coming.

I turned around and saw Mali, Calum's sister, standing pouring herself a drink of water.

"Congratulations on the pregnancy!" I hugged her.
Her baby bump made this a bit difficult but we got through it laughing.

"How far along are you?"

"About 3 months"

"Wow I'm so happy for you. You and and Tom are so good together."

We made small talk and agreed to catch up with each other as it had been to long since we had properly talked.

After Mali and excused herself to go to the bathroom, I turned away going back to try and find Calum to talk to him.

"Hi cal." I said as I pulled bum in for a hug.

"Jesus Ash if I had known you look this good in dresses I would have asked you to wear them more often."

"Wow smooth." I said sarcastically.

He let out a small chuckle before raising his beer bottle to his lips.

"So how are things with you and Sophie, after the whole ya know?"

"We're fine I guess, at least now she knows how I feel. And she'll say it back when she feels the same way."

I nodded as I took the bottle from his hands and took a sip.

"Alright dinner's ready!" Sophie chimed.

The six of us plus Mali and her husband, Tom, all gathered round the table.

Calum sat to my right, Michael to my left, Ashton across from me, directly across from Cal sat Sophie, Luke sat next to her, Mali next to Luke and Tom across from Mali.

I tried to stay quiet durning the dinner, not saying much because I didn't want to open my mouth and say something I shouldn't.

[] [] []

After everyone has finished eating, Mali and Tom excused themselves claiming that they had to leave as they had an early doctors appointment.

Calum and Sophie left to go and say goodbye to them leaving just the four of us at the table.

The tension became thicker and thicker as no one was saying anything.

I put my head down and tried to pick at what was left in my plate, attempting to act casual.

"Excuse me." Luke said, his chair making an awful scraping sound against the wooden floor.

Michael and I exchanged glances, tonight had been just as awkward if not more awkward then expected.

"So what was all that tension about?" Ashton asked

"Oh it's nothing don't worry." I said in hopes that he'd drop it.

"Come on guys, surely you don't think you're the only ones who know." Ashton said before getting up and taking is plate to the kitchen.

[] [] []

Btw I haven't forgot, the reason why everybody hates Luke will be in the next couple of chapters.

But if anyone has any guesses, guess away.

~ Author x