Chapter 4

// song \\

Because of you ~ Neyo

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jason's pov:

"Man, how long has it been? 2 years?" Eric asked me.
"Yeah I think so, that's when Alex left the gang so it makes sense."
" that's when everything turned to shit."

I drove through the streets of queens. This place gets worse every time I come.
"So what have you been doing out here?" I asked driving quickly to the highway.
"I had this part time job at a corner shop. Mother fucker called cops on me because my friends came in and they made too much noise. Listen no offense to you, but the white folks down here are fucking crazy."

"Trust me I know. I've done plenty of things to find that out myself down here."
" Ayeee so my brotha still working hard?"
" wouldn't be the leader if I wasn't." I grinned as I watched Andre keep up to speed with me.

"You get rid of that whore Vanessa." My fish tightened on the steering wheel.
" yes Eric."
" good good."
I looked at him and shook my head.

" listen there are going to be some ground rules living at my place and being part of my gang now." I said getting off the exit closest to my house.
" okay man what it is?"
" don't talk about Vanessa is number 1."

" heard."
" second no one puts hands on-"
I heard Andre honk his horn so I slowed down and he pulled next to me.
" park on the side for a second." He said.

I drove over and put my flashers on.
" what the fuck?" I asked as he walked to my car.
" that white car up there at the stop sign not moving. They been on us since we left queens." Andre said.

" let's go fuck they shit up then!" Eric grabbed his gun.
"Boy put your damn gun away." Andre said.
" Eric we are in a residential area. Even though I can't get in trouble with the law right now, you don't set wild fire." I said grabbing his gun and putting in my sweatshirt jacket.

" mhm whys that?"
" there's a reason why police don't know what I look like. It's because I don't do stupid shit in broad daylight."
Andre looked up.
" they leaving now."
" alright let's go." I put the car in drive and waiting for Andre to get in his car.

I want to get home to Lauren right now.
She's sick and all I want is for her to get better. Especially in a time like this.
" so you see Alex ever?"
" yeah man, he comes up every once in a while. I probably see Elliott more than Alex though."

" ah shit my cuz. How he doin?"
" still fucking crazy." I pulled into my driveway."
" shit homes this place dope."
" yeah and it's going to stay that way. Don't trash my place is another key rule."
" man come on, when have I ever been trashy?"

" you gon talk about being trashy?" Andre asked walking up the driveway laughing at Eric.
" Eric man, if I recall last time I was with all you, you was head down in a bathroom stall because a girl who you fucked roofed you for not remembering her name." I said laughing and opening my door. Vegas came running up and immediately started to bark.

" listen that night, it was bad luck." Eric said.
" so last week was bad luck too?" Andre started laughing and I did too.
"Man, shut the fuck up." Eric said nodding his head.
" Vegas go in the other room." I pointed him out and he left.

" so what's new with you guys?" We all sat at the kitchen.
" we just keeping it real and staying alive man."
" that's all we have to do at this point." Andre finished Eric's sentence.

"You guys are strong fighters. You shouldn't have to worry about staying alive." I said trying to be positive.

" whatttsss up brothaaaaa!" Fredo came walking in and Eric and Andre both did a handshake with him.
" y'all still together?" Andre asked.
"This my fucking brother here." Fredo sat next to me.