Part 12

\ Song: /

First /// Lauren Daigle

Tyler's Pov:

*baby crying*
"They need to shut that baby up!" I said grabbing a pillow and putting it over my ears.
Lisa laughed.
"It's like 3 weeks old Ty give it some time."
" I can't stand it."
"You should be happy for Alex and Mandy." She said leaning toward me.
"Yeah."
"We could've stayed at my place."
"Yeah." I looked up at the ceiling thinking.

-

"Hey Pattie it's Tyler. I'm going to need you to come to LA."
"Oh Hi Tyler, is everything okay?"
"Um actually no."
"What do you mean? Is Lauren okay? Is Jason okay?"
"Neither are right now." I said swallowing the lump in my throat.

"What happened to them?"
"They got in a bad car accident and were rushed to the hospital last week. Jason has an uncontrollable blood leakage in his brain and Lauren's still in a medically induced coma that was suppose to wear off a week ago. I would've called you earlier but I'm still trying to process all of this."

-

"Hun are you okay?" Lisa asked grabbing my attention from my flashback.
"Mhm."
"You're lying."
"Mhm."
"Tyler!"

I sat up.
"What!!"
"Are you tired or stressed?"
"Both."
She sighed.

"I'm sorry baby, I just, I can't think of anything but them. They are my family. I've been praying, actually praying. With that one girl, she's good at it, and for some reason I feel like she knows what she's doing. I just.. I just can't lose them Lisa."
"You won't lose them ty."
"How sure of that are you?"
"I'm not, but I've met both of them, and they are so strong and they are so young and have such a long life ahead of them."

My emotions kicked in. I leaned back in the bed and pulled at my hair.
"They don't fucking deserve this."
" they don't." She ran her arms up and don't my arms.

"Wanna go see them?" She asked politely.
I nodded my head.

I have full access in getting into the ICU for Jason  and regular hospitals or Lauren because I'm Lauren's only family member available to see her and ICU is open at all times.
I threw a hoodie on and slid some slid-ons on, and we left.
Driving through LA at night is beautiful.
You get to thinking about things, and life goes on, no matter what happens, and for a reason I feel guilty about living a life when my sister is laying in a hospital bed unconscious and my future brother in law is about to get his last rights in life.

Lauren's Pov:

I am a child of a money hungry prideful country grass is green and it's always sunny hands so bloody, taste like honey I'm finding it hard to leave.

My head kept ringing.
I don't know where I am.
I feel myself in a bed. I feel myself numb, but then I hear something different.
I can't open my eyes.
My head couldn't stop ringing.
I can hear a distanced baby crying.
I don't know why. But I can hear it.

I tried to move my body but I couldn't.
All I could feel was something on my hand.
I wonder where Jason is...
Maybe he's sitting right next to me watching me.
I hope he knows I'll be okay.
I'm not going to let go.

I know I've said a million of times I was tired but there is so much in life I'm not tired of.

That baby is still crying. It's wailing, like it's trying to wake me up or something.