Part 14

Lauren's Pov:
"How's Rylee and your mom doing?" I asked Jason as we walked down the sidewalk to a little plaza down the road from Alex's house.
"Good. I don't really get to talk to them that much anymore because they are both busy."

"Rylee is 5 how is she busy?"
" she always says "bubba my friend is coming over for a play date I can't talk." " Jason quotes rylee.
I smiled and laughed" oh does she said it just like that?"
"Just like it." He smiled and grabbed my hand.
" it's nice to be able to walk around without a cane or crutches." I said referring to him.
"Heard that. I'm planning on leaving in two days. We have a lot of damage at the house to fix up." He said as we walked into a coffee shop.

"Damage?" I questioned.
"Yeah, the house was basically destroyed from when they got you and Jess. I also have to take vegas to the vet. Ana has kept us up to date with him through Fredo but I still want to make sure he doesn't have any infect-"
"Wait wait what happened to vegas?" I was so confused.
We stood in a line, there were people all around us so Jason spoke low.
"Did you not see anything that happened when they got you?" He asked.
"No I was blind folded." I answered.

"All of my windows are smashed, they broke all the glass in my house, and they beat the shit out of vegas. He went running after you guys."
I covered my mouth in disbelief.
"It's going to look very different when we go back there." Jason said.

"We also need to finish cleaning up my house."
I said quickly as my turn to order came up.
" hi can I have a pumpkin spice latte and a hot chocolate both grande."
"Sure thing can I get you anything else?"the guy asked.

I looked at Jason and he shook his head he didn't want anything.
"Nope thats all!" I smiled and swiped the card and we walked forward.
"I can have my mom come in and help sell it, she's a real estate agent."
"Really?" I asked shocked because i never really knew what her occupation was.
"Yeah she went to school for it when Alex and I moved out."
"Well that would be awesome of her if she would do that."

"These next couple months are just going to be chill. We aren't behind, but we for sure aren't ahead. As long as we don't have anyone out trying to kill you or anyone else in my gang, I think we should just take it easy."
" I 100% agree with that statement." I said to Jason.

"I have a pumpkin spice latte and a hot chocolate." A lady called out. We grabbed our drinks and walked out.
We walked to a little pond and sat down at a bench.
"Seeing how happy Mandy and Alex are with the baby makes me think." Jason said looking over at me after sitting in silence for a while.

"Jason you know we can't have one."
"Yeah but there's other options."
I looked at him.
"Like adoption?"
He nodded his head.
"A lot of kids in adoption services have gone through what we have. It would be a good time to change a life."

"I would love to but." I bit my lip.
"but you don't want to expose them to the gang life."
"I would need to know for sure that the child would be safe."
"I think down the road, I can guarantee it. We just need to see how things roll out these next couple months."
"When you put it that way, I think it's a really good idea." Jason smiled.
"If it wasn't for alex being older then me, I would've been put up for adoption."

I looked over at him in shock.
He smiled and nodded.
"Yeah crazy right?"
" explain."
" well my mom went into such a deep depression when my dad died, she wasn't taking care of me or Alex. Alex was older though so kind of just took over and we moved to New York."
"Everyday I learn something new about you Jason." I said in awe of him.

"What can I say I'm an interesting person." He winked at me.

"Excuse me, I know this is none of my business, but are you two the people in that really bad car accident a while ago?" A younger woman came up to Jason and I.
"I mean this is LA I'm sure there's plenty of bad car accidents, but yeah we got into a bad one a while ago, why?" Jason said.
" with Nick Bear in it right?"
" yeah." I said confused, looking up at the girl.