11

Make sure to listen to the song, it goes with the chapter.

RICKY

I didn't have time to think as I ran to the front lines. Regans, or should I say Michael's army was in sight. The witches were holding up the force field but I knew it wouldn't hold up long enough.

I turn to the creatures behind me. Young faces with old souls, all brothers and sisters of mine, some would be lost today, the thought alone made my heart wrench. No words needed to be spoken, they all knew. I spread my wings and raise my sword. Fire exploded from the other side of the force field. It began to crack from force. I signaled the wing creatures to grab the witches. I yelled and ran, the creatures close behind. There were clashes of metal and screams ringing through my ears. Both creature and demon were falling, their blood seeping into the ground, turning the mud red. I saw Ghost surrounded by demons, he was holding them off by pushing them back with a force and a small dagger. I swoop down and land on the biggest, sinking my sword into its skull. Ghost took care of the rest. I lifted him and flew him towards the sidelines where I knew Ryan would be. I kiss him, possibly for the last time and fly higher.

The sky was dark and cloudy. I saw a wisp of blonde hair before I was grabbed by the shoulders. I grab his and look him straight in the eyes. He pushed me away, screaming and pulling his hair. A disembodied voice came from inside him. He took his sword from his belt and dropped it. The voice inside got louder and his screams quited down to whimpers. He didn't want to do this but he had no choice. Throwing his sword was a last effort to help me. My brother was still in there but was loosing the fight for his own body. Every time I looked him in the eyes he'd fight harder.

MATT

I didn't want to listen to Ricky but I knew he was right. I focus my energy on my wings while Kuza rubs the spot on my back. I felt them under my skin but they wouldn't pop out. I screamed in pain and frustration, they were stuck. Realizing my small dilemma Kuza takes out his knife and carefully makes cuts into my back, it relived some pressure and the tips poked through. I managed to push them out, my horns tangled themselves in my hair, blood was all over my head and back. I was on the floor shaking from the pain. Kuza carefully picks me up and sets me up on a table to clean me up. He pulls me onto his lap until the shaking stops. "Its ok baby bat."

I take a deep breath and kiss him. "I love you."

I didn't want to upset him but I couldn't ignore the horrible feeling I had. His arms loosen around my waist and I take it as my chance to jump out the window. Luckily, it being the highest one I had plenty of time to get my wings working. I saw Chris about to have his guts spilled so I threw my knife at the demon. I've never had the best aim from that far away so it only dug into it back but it distracted it enough for Chris to get away and kill it. He nodded his thanks and threw the knife back to me. I fly higher to avoid getting killed, at least until I had to play my part.

RICKY

I stab my dagger into the base of his wings. Turns out that even without a weapon the guy was powerful. I twist the knife and force him to look at me. The eyes I saw were black, it laughed at me, its voice sending chills down my spine. The only way that I'd have a chance here was to disable his wings.

"Reagan, I'm sorry." I say as I plunge the knife further, hitting many important nerves. It screeched and started to fall. I grabbed his hand but was dragged along faster than I'd planned on.

The clouds faded away and the ground became clearer. I did my best to soften the fall but it was no use. I landed on top of Michael/Reagan giving me the advantage. I hold him down with all the strength I had left but it wasn't enough. I was thrown and hit the ground hard, my vision blurred and I couldn't breath. I felt Ghosts hands on me, and I tried to focus on his eyes as he pulled me to my feet.

Michael came towards us.

"Go!" I push Ghost behind me, trying to get him to run.

"If you die, I am to!" He yelled back.

"Dad, wait!" I see Matt running behind him. Michael turns and throw him back.

"Please daddy listen to me." Matt says, trying to sound as pitiful and childish as he could. "Please I miss you, I haven't seen you in so long. Please come out."

Michael growls, "I know what you're doing boy and I won't be fooled again by something as worthless as you."

He grabs Matt and lifts him about to slam him into the ground.

"Reagan!" I scream. "Reagan I know you're in there!"

Michael drops Matt and turns to me. "Not anymore." He grins

"Reagan keep fighting, I know you can hear me!"

"Shut up!"

It was working. I continued to scream his name. He dropped to the ground screaming and shaking violently. I manage to sit on his stomach and pin his arms down.

"Please end this." He stutters. I look into his eyes, they were blue once again.

"Keep fighting." I set my forehead against his.

"I can't take it anymore, please brother I'm sorry it had to be like this."

"Its not your fault." Tears were streaming down my face. He puts a hand on my cheek. He was gasping through every breath and word he spoke.

"I love you, now end this."

"I love you to brother." I close my eyes and plung my knife into his heart. A scream erupts from his body and black smoke swarms from his mouth.

Matt holds up his hands a burning orb inbetween them. He only had seconds for this to work or we'd be even more screwed. The black smoke is pulled towards it, screaming in protest its sucked in. The forced knocks him to the ground. The orb disappears into a small jar around Matt's neck.

The demons freeze for a moment before running back to hell most likely. It was over.

I look my brother beneath me. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I set my head in the crook of his shoulder. Sobs wracking my body. My brother was dead, the once bright and lively soul had been beaten and broken. His eyes would never shine, there would be no laughter coming from his mouth. Just silence, silence and emptiness. I close his lifeless eyes and kiss his cheek one last time.

We may have won the fight but Michael had gotten the last word.