15

MATT

Relieved to see I choose the right door and that it was also empty. I step inside my fathers old room with the others behind me. We started looking through drawers and shelves. I wasn't exactly sure what to look for but we'd gotten this far. I saw a few pictures hung on the wall. They were of him, mom and I when I was younger. Before everything went to shit.

"Would this be of any use?"

Ricky held up a piece of metal in the shape of a crescent moon. It looked so familiar. I examined the small spiraled details engraved into it.

"Fuck, I know where she is."

I walk to the door that lead to the inside of hell. I peeked out and looked at the door I wanted to go to. Guards walked by and I quickly shut the door. Even if I was able to get there without being seen chances are the doors locked.

I glance out again, seeing that its clear I sprint out and grab the knob. It was locked, just my luck. I heard foot steps so I frantically ran back to Michael's room and shut the door before the guard's rounded the corner.

"Does anyone have a pin or something that I could pick a lock with?"

"How about this?" Ryan pulls a key from his pocket and hands it to me. I look at him with so many questions going through my mind but now wasn't the time.

I make sure the coast is clear and run to the door and unlock it. I listen for footsteps and motion for the others to follow. I lock it behind us and hand the key back to Ryan. We didn't have to worry about guards anymore.

I search along my shelves pulling books and things from them. I come across a little box and tuck it in my pocket. Just as I was getting frustrated from not finding it I saw the cresant moon engraved into the wall. I placed the piece inside it and the wall started moving, breaking the shelves in the process.

Me and Ricky carefully stepped inside the room. We ran to the bed that was inside. It was our mother. We stared for a moment in happiness. Chris broke our little moment by carefully picking her up.

"How do we get out of here?"

I lead him out, grabbing a few things, to another smaller shelf and pushed it out of the way. I had dug a small hole into to tunnel that nobody knew about. It would be a tight fit, but it would have to do. Once we were all out I lead then towards the exit. We passed the dead blood hounds on the way, that's when I noticed Kuza wasn't here.

"Keep going, I'll catch up." I say to the others and frantically walk back looking for my baby. I found him a little ways off just staring at nothing. I grab his arm and he looks at me like a lost puppy.

"Whats wrong baby?"

"I just want to go home." He takes my hand and walks towards to exit. I knew it was more than that but I wasn't going to pry just yet, sometimes if I wait he'll tell me on his own.

I get my wings out and we get Ryan up first. It was even harder going up than down but we somehow managed. Ricky takes our sleeping mother and hands her to Ryan, then we take Chris up. I got kuza myself because he wasn't all that heavy if he held on and I wanted a minute alone.

I wrap my arms and legs around his waist.

"Do you still want me?" He puts his head down sadly.

I look at him like he's crazy. "Of course, what kind of question is that?" I crash my lips to his and kiss him passionately. As we pulled back he smiled.

"Ready?"

I put my knees under his arm pits and wrap my legs around him. He wraps his arms tightly around my waist so I don't have to worry about him falling and I fly up to the hole. Ricky and Chris grab my arms so I can put my wings away before they pull me up.

We find some large rocks and put them over the hole just in case the tunnels shift and so that nobody falls in and so that it would be easier to find if we ever needed to go back, but I pray we don't.

///

We finnaly got back to the hotel. Angelo ran out and tackled Chris. Kuza took my mother and carried her inside so Ryan could find Vinny. Me and Ricky follow him to the basement where Ryan Ashley and Ghost were.

Ricky instantly ran to Ghost and kissed him. They're so cute together.

Ryan Ashley took a look at mom.

"No offense, but I think you're dad was an idiot. This won't take long, why don't you take her upstairs while I get the tonic ready."

We do as asked and wait for her. Kuza went somewhere, I assume to either find Chris or sleep. Ryan Ashley walked in with a bowl, the smell coming from it was aweful. We prop mom up and she slowly pours it down her throat.

"It'll most likely take a few days and some more tonic but she will wake up. The spell Michael had put on her was effective but not strong. Check on her every few hours and I'll make sure she gets it."

We both thank her repeatedly. Ricky sat next to her bed with tears in his eyes.

"All this time I thought she left me, fuck I'm an idiot."

"It's all over now."

He smiles at me. "I'll watch her, why don't you go sleep."

"Only if you promise to sleep soon." I kiss his cheek.

"I'll make sure of it." Ghost walks in.

"Thanks Ghost."

//

I go to my room to find Kuza sitting on the floor with his back to me. He hid something as I sat down in front of him. He kept his head down. Something was definitely wrong. I gently raise his head so I can look at him. His eyes looked scared and empty. It hurt me to see him like this.

He sighs and pulls something from underneath his shirt. My eyes widen as I realize it was a collar.

"I found this in the tunnel, that's why I stopped." He puts it around his neck. "It was then I remembered that I'm nothing but a filthy, pathetic dog that doesn't deserve you. I'm not even worthy enough to serve you let alone be your boyfriend." Tears were now streaming down his beautiful, broken face.

I grab the collar and unbuckle it. I kiss him as passionately as I could.

"I never want you to think that. I love you, you are not filthy or pathetic. I love you more than I love myself." Tears were now running down my face. It wasn't fair how he was once treated, it broke him so badly and I wanted to fix him the best I knew how.

He set my head on my shoulder as we both cried. I then got up and picked up the collar from where I'd thrown it. Some fear entered back into his eyes as I asked him to come over. I take him to the fire place and placed his hand on the collar so we were both holding it. I looked at him and he nodded. We both let go of it and it fell into the fire. We watched as it burned away. As the last bit of it disappeared Kuza picked me up and spun around. I laughed and kissed him. My baby finnaly felt truly free from his past, and nothing could have made us happier.