14

RICKY

It'd been about a week since the war. Every one was better since we healed rather quickly. I looked around the room. Ryan Ashley and Balz were talking with Angelo. Chris and Kuza were wrestling around on the floor. Matt was watching and laughing at them. Ryan and Vinny were cuddling on a couch, we liked to mess with them, but they were undeniably cute together. My baby doll layed in my lap. Finally things were beginning to feel normal again. I lean down and kiss Ghosts nose making him giggle.

"Guys we need to talk." Everyone quiets down. I make eye contact with Matt and nod. We explain what Reagan's letter said and what the plan was.

"So you guys want to help?"

They all nod.

"When are we leaving?" I turn to Chris.

"As soon as we're ready."

They all jump up to gather some things. I pull aside Angelo, Ryan Ashley, Balz, Vinny and Ghost.

"I need you guys to stay here, make sure the creatures are ok. And maybe set up a room for when we bring my mother back." I turn to Ryan Ashley. "Ill keep you updated so you, Ange, and Ghost can get a head start on figuring out how to wake her up."

Ghost and Vinny started to protest but Ryan pulled Vinny aside while I tried to convince Ghost.

"Please baby I can't risk you getting hurt. And you're still a little weak from being bit."

He sighed. "Fine but you better come back to me or else I'm going to fucking kill you."

"Don't worry baby doll, I promise I'll be back."

I kiss him deeply before leaving. I hated being away but I needed to do this. For myself, but mostly for Matt. My mother never deserved any of this and I planned on setting her free.

I meet the guys in the lobby, Chris and Kuza were sharpening their teeth and claws in case we ran into any hell hounds. They were once one of them but escaped. Ryan was patiently waiting while Matt was looking over a map.

"You know where we're going?"

"Yes but it might be tricky getting into the tunnels. The openings are only so big so that the hell hounds in there can't get out. You and I will be able to fit but the others will have some trouble. We might have to dig a little. But the trouble with that is other hell hounds could escape and cause issues."

"We'll worry about that when we get there. You guys ready to go?"

///

We'd been walking for hours now, I think Matt was a little lost but he'd never admit it.

"Kuza babe does this place seem familiar?"

Kuza sniffed and looked around. "This is where you and Ricky found me and Chris."

"Yup." He kissed his shoulder because he was to short reach any higher, he carefully looked around. "Looks like the holes been grown over."

"That shouldn't be to much of a problem." Chris walks to a large tree. "If I remember correctly it was somewhere along this tree. I remember cause this tree smells wierd."

Him and Kuza walked around it with their heads down. They must have found it at the same time because they ran into each other, knocking heads.

"Found it." Kuza says holding his head.

"Aw my poor baby." He leans down so Matt can kiss his head.

"Youre such a baby."

"Shut up Chris, you're just jealous cause Ange isn't here to baby you."

I roll my eyes at the bickering brothers and crouch down next to Matt. We started digging with our hands.

"Would this help." We look up at Ryan who was holding a shovel.

"You could've said that sooner."

He just smirked and started digging. After a few minutes he hit a hollow spot. We found the tunnel. Well a hole that opened into the top of the tunnel. Except it was to small for the others to fit through. Matt wasn't kidding when he said we'd have issues.

"They get bigger the deeper you get, but I don't see you three fitting."

"You two aren't going alone. Chris, Kuza, think you could make that bigger?"

The retract their large claws and dig. Ryan uses his shovel and me and Matt find big sticks. After awhile we made the hole large enough for the others to squeeze through.

"Matt and I will go first. Kuza, Ryan then Chris. Well pull on your legs if you get stuck."

"Ricky be careful those tunnels shift alot. The drop could be short and the tunnel could be smaller or the drop could be longer." I nod and jump in, I claw my hands into the sides to slow myself down. I feel my legs exit the hole then the rest of my body. I was in mid air and the bottom was a good twenty feet away. I didn't have time to get my wings out so I hit the ground pretty hard. I looked around for hell hounds then flew up to the hole.

"It's a twenty foot drop, Matt I'll catch you." I place myself below the hole and catch him bridal style and lower him onto the ground. The tunnels definitely did shift. There was no way hounds were escaping. Good thing we found Chris and Kuza when we did those couple hundred years ago. We'd been walking in the woods when we heard whimpering coming through the hole. I was very unsure and wanted to just leave them there but Matt recognized the voices and convinced me to help get them out. The proved to be trustworthy and we became friends. Matt and Kuza were especially close. They both thought they owed it to us for helping them although I didn't feel it was necessary. But over time they got to me with their begging to let them pay me back somehow so I told Kuza that he was Matt's protector, mostly because I thought it would be a great opportunity to get them to admit their feelings for each other. When we found Angelo again I saw a spark between him and Chris so I made him his protector also. It all turned out pretty well.

"When they come down we'll both grab them and lower them down."

We got Kuza without trouble, Ryan I swear his bones are made of lead. Chris being the biggest was heavy but not as heavy as Ryan.

"This way."

We got to another hole, thankfully it was bigger and we didn't have to lower anyone. We came to many of these as we went deeper into hell. The lower we got the weaker I felt, I'd never been to hell and even though I was fallen this amount of dark energy was making me sick to the point Chris picked me up.

I looked over at Ryan, he seemed fine. We never knew exactly what he was, maybe he didn't even know.

I hear a growl and Chris set me down and stood in front of me. There was two large hell hounds on front of us. They were bigger than Chris which scared me. I found enough energy to pull Matt back while Chris and Kuza fought them off with Ryan backing them up.

Ryan was to busy helping Chris to notice the blood hound on top of Kuza. Before I could stop him Matt ran and jumped on top of it and plunged his knife into the back of its head. I saw a third one about to pounce on him so I threw my knife and hit it in the eye. Thank God I had good aim.

We all got up and got situated once again and kept walking. Surprisingly we didn't have any more run ins.

Matt lead us into some more smaller tunnels that were twisting and confusing, but he seemed to know what he was doing so I didn't question him.

We came to a long row of doors Matt started examining them.

" I think it's this one."

"You think?"

"We went around the perimeter of hell instead of going through it. Not many know about this but all these doors here lead to important rooms including my father's. If we're lucky it'll be empty and maybe we can find something that'll help find mom."

He quietly pushed the door open. I take a deep breath. Here we go.