1.9

oh look there's me

tysm for 8k!!! (i woke up to edit this and its 9 now, ilysm) you all deserve a free starbucks (the lady spelt my name wrong and i even spelt it out for her im)

-this is a continuation right where we left off last chapter- (also harry and lauren are twins in this )

"what do you mean?" luke asked pulling away from the tight embrace they shared.

"i-i" ashton was lost for words, he didn't think luke heard.

"ashton, i want honesty in this relationship... which is hypocritical coming from me considering i lied to you for months — but if there's something i should know... please tell me"

"luke– i- i had a fucked up childhood. my mom was an alcoholic, my dad was an addict" he pauses and takes a deep breath before shakily continuing, "she used to hit me and he used to hit her. it was fucked up. my mom had my siblings outside a bar in an alley. and she left them there. somebody obviously took them in and cared for them and i have no clue where they are..."

luke remembers briefly mentioning to ashton about his family taking in two twin babies she found in an alley. he decides not to bring it up yet, though.

"luke i- i don't know how to say this, but the other day...

"i– i did something bad, luke. real bad. it was a long time ago... i was just a kid when it first happened-- but it happened again an-and –"

"ashton. you need to tell me what's going on!"

"i- i hit somebody. like really hard... they passed out an–and there was blood and s-she—"

"it was a women?"

"y-yes" ashton whispers out, a guilty look worn on his face.

it's a good thing luke is an advocate of equality – but not a fake like everyone else. 'we want equality but you can't hit women! it's alright for men' they're basically saying women are weak and defenceless and need a man... yet want equality-- it's so frustrating. so luke just nods.

"i thought i was done with that, luke" he sighs heavily.

"what do you mean?"

"i- i need to tell you something, luke but please don't leave me! please don't leave like everyone mom and dad" he sobs, "i'm here, ash, i'm here.." luke rubs ashton's side softly.

"i-i used to abuse my last boyfriend... when i was in sixth from before i left and sorted my life out. before i started following the rules, i was a mess, everyone excused me because of my parents but i abused him, luke! i deserved to die... but then i completely changed. i vowed i'd never hit anyone and be like my parents, never.... but i hit you, and i got angry and hit that lady–"

"ashton, it was ju--"

"no! whose to say it won't happen again!? look at you, luke! you can't save me, this is exactly what happened to my parents.. i'm just like them!..."

"no you're not"

"yes i am!" he yells in anger, "luke, you could end up dead because of me yet you're choosing to stay... just go, i know you will eventually so just do it now!"