Chapter 12 - Truth Or Dare Jealousy

Hey guys I'm going to add Joey Richter's POV too now :)
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

(Joe's POV)

The night was going well, a few minutes later I hear, "let's play truth or dare!" from a drunk Nick Lang. Soon everyone was joining in on the idea. We were such kids, we never grew up.

Denise started off, "Nick, truth or dare?"

"Um.... Truth." Nick said.

Denise thought for a minute and said "who is the funniest person in this room?"

Nick took a while while looking around, "let's say Joe, Lauren, or.... Oh. He isn't here yet, but" he continued, "..or Joey."

I laughed when I heard my name. We all started looking around when we heard Joey, and he wasn't here. Maybe he was coming in a little. I was looking down now twirling my fingers around each other like they were dancing until I heard my name "-Joe!"

I didn't realize that they had said my name, "oh sorry what?"

"Truth or dare." Nick said.

"Oh um...Dare." I covered my mouth regretting what I had just said and in my hands mouth, "shit!"

"Hum..... Kiss Lauren in front of all of us." Nick said so happy that he thought of a dare.

"Like on the cheek...?" I questioned. "...or??...."

"On the lips you idiot." said a drunk Matt.

"Oh. Um. Lauren?" I said turning to her. She didn't seem to beat anything that was going on and heard "Lauren"

"Huh. I wasn't listening." She laughed, "sorry I was messing with my fingers, it's fun." She said laughing again, "okay what." She said finally stopping her laughing.

"I got a dare to kiss you-"

"-on the cheek?" She interrupted.

"On the lips in front of all of them" I said with a guilty smile.

(Lauren's POV)

"Oh. Okay, then stop being a chicken and just do it already." I said confidentially. I was done with our secret dating, everyone already knew that we were together, might as well kiss.

"Okay than." Joe said coming closer to me.

Soon our lips met, it felt so great and magical. It felt like we were kissing for ages. I blocked out everyone and everything, it was just us.

(Joey's POV) - Richter

I finally get to the starkid party, I had gotten there a bit late but it was okay, everyone had to be drunk already. Soon I get there and I walk in on a site I don't wanna see, Lauren and Joe kissing. I looked as shocked as everyone else in the room looked. For some reason, my heart felt like it had broke. Do I like Lauren? Is that why I've been so weird around her lately? I couldn't think about it now, I had realized that I had ran out the door with a slam. I sat on a bench by a bus stop. Why were they kissing!? Oh yeah, they're a thing. *sighs sadly* why could I ever think that I would have a chance with Lauren Lopez. Oh. Man. I-I-I like Lauren. I can't tell her how I feel, I sound like an idiot. Ugh. Why was it so complicated.

(Lauren's POV)

After what had felt like a lifetime we stopped kissing by a sound of a door slam. I didn't realize that everyone was still watching and how passionate it was. Everyone's face was wide-eyed and mouth dropped.

"Damn that was good" said Meredith in shock, "that was long, yknow it could've just been a little kiss right?"

Me and Joe were silent, we didn't say another word to anyone else, we were to focused on each other, in each other's eyes.

"Um Lauren?" He finally broke off the silence and eye contact.

I looked down, "yeah?"

He looked at the door that slammed that had brought me back to reality, "do you know who slammed the door?" He said with a chuckle.

"Nope, I didn't." He said with a little laugh. I turned to everyone, "who slammed the door?"

Everyone looked confused until Jamie had opened the door. Everyone stared at her, "oh, I saw Joey run out. I was gunna see if I could catch up to him." Jamie said.

Why did Joey run out? He had been acting weird these past few days. I wonder why. "Oh okay. Hope he is okay." I said.

(Joe's POV)

I wonder why Joey ran out. He is such a good friend of mine, I should go with Jamie. Well-she is very close with him too, I'll talk to him later.

"I hope he is okay too." I said to Lauren quietly.

"We still playing?" Nick asked everyone.

Everyone nodded and we continue playing our game of truth or dare. We did it for a lot of the party.

(Joey's POV) - Richter

I was sitting on the park bench still thinking of Lauren. Then I heard footsteps coming toward me and I saw that Jamie has sat next to me, "are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I said slightly lying.

"Cause I saw run out. You came in than ran out. Why? And don't lie to me, you can trust me." She said. She saw it all happen. I was hoping no one saw me.

"Well, I-" I was thinking of a good reason, "I came in but then I wasn't feeling very good so I ran out." I said lying to her face. I felt bad, but I couldn't let anyone know that I liked Lauren.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you feel better." She said friendly.

"Thanks." I said with a smile and stood up, "I'll see you later." And I started to walk away.

"Hey Joey?-" she said quickly.

"Yeah?" I turn around to face her.

"Oh-um-nevermind." She smiled, "bye Joey." And she walked off into the direction of the party.

"Bye" I mumbled while walking back home.

I shouldn't have lied to Jamie, she is one of my closest friends.... Joe is also very close to me, I tell him everything. I didn't even tell him that I liked his girlfriend. I feel so stupid.

Maybe I'll ask Lauren out-frick! I can't do that, she's dating Joe. What if I ask if we can just hang out sometime, I mean, friends do it all the time. Well, it only takes a try.

Hey guys! I am currently in Maui, Hawaii. It's so great!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! ;) see ya!

-stranger_starkid