Chapter 16- Twleve O'clock Talks

(Lauren's POV)

Ugh, I hate prop load day. What time is it? I cheak my phone, 4:34pm. This feels like it's going on forever, strike is worse tho.

I go to grab a box of props but then silly me not looking I place my hand on what seems to be another...hand..? It feels to familiar...I look up, "-Joe?" I say outloud quietly. SHIT! That was for my head!

"-Lauren ugh-" he says and we both pull our hands away quickly. Wait, it's okay we're dating...still right? I blush not noticing that I am.

"I-I'm sorry..." He says looking at me and lifts it, "here" he continues and gives me the box.

"Uh-thanks Joe. See you later." I blow a kiss awkwardly 'cause that's what I do and walk off....why did I do that? Why didn't I just kiss him on the cheek or something? Ugh. My brain is trying to keep me away from everything. I love him so much just-I don't know if he still loves me with that stupid picture everyone saw.

As I'm walking away I hear Joe's voice calling someone's name, "JOEY!" I turn my head to see. He is running over to him. I turn my head back and run off to help Meredith with setting the props on the prop table.

(Joe's POV)

I run over to Joey after I talk with Lauren, that was really awkward. Not just the little blow kisses she does for fun but the whole conversation. We-are-still-dating-right? RIGHT!? "JOEY!" I yell running over to him. I see him putting down some bags backstage. "Can-can I talk to you?-outside?" I ask politely.

He looks around a bit and nods his head, "sure." We walk outside and I start to think even what I'm gunna tell him. I need to ask him about Lauren. "What did you wanna talk to me about?" He asks.

"Yeah...um-" I try to make out how I'm gunna ask him this, "is-is there something going on between you and Lauren that I don't know about??" I question. I regret this. I really do.

"Uh...-um..." He looks down, "No, uh-of course not. She's. Your. Girlfriend." He says.

"Oh okay... It's just that I saw that photo of you guys kissing and well.." I shit, I feel a temper coming, "...I think you may LIKE my girlfriend.. And well, you didn't tell me." I take a pause seeing his face in shock almost as much as mine was by what I just said, "I thought we told each other everything.." I slow down trying to calm myself.

He stands and stares at me plain faced almost like he was frozen in shock. "Eh-uh..." He had probably lost words. Now I feel bad but that's my girlfriend he was flirting with! Does he not think I'd get a bit mad!?

"I'm sorry if I'm acting like a jerk but- why would you flirt with my girlfriend?" I ask cautiously.

"I-I'm sorry okay!? I didn't mean to hurt anyone. I-I-I've always liked Lauren, but I didn't tell you because I knew that you liked her and I didn't want her to come between us and now I fucked up so now she is and I'm so sorry...." He calms down after getting a little loud and looks down.

Now I feel worse. I remember that day when I told him I liked Lauren, that was in collage and we were best buds. No wonder he didn't wanna hurt me. He's been keeping this from me forever that he liked Lauren... He always told me that he only liked Lauren as a friend and nothing more... "No. I'm sorry Joey -I-I didn't realize that I- oh man. I'm so sorry Joey..." I quietly say but so he can still hear me.

"Joe, I shouldn't have done what I did. Don't be mad at Lauren, be mad at me..." He says quietly too.

"I'm not mad at Lauren, and I'm not mad at you..." I pause, "I'm just very disappointed in you." I say finally.

"I'm....sorry..." He says quietly.

"Catch you later Joey." I say and walk off. I gotta go talk to Lauren now. I just don't know when...

~later that night, almost twelve but still getting late~

(Lauren's POV)

I'm setting the props with Meredith, Helping putting up stuff, and Help setting equipment. Soon I hear my name "LAUREN!" I turn my head quickly, it's Joe.

Soon he is right next to me and panting by the run he just did to get to me. I stand there confused.

"Lauren, come outside real quick... I need to talk to you." He says finally catching his breath.

"O-kay..." I say taking his hand and going outside. "What did you want to talk about?" I smile to show friendliness.

"Lauren. I-I just wanna say I love you so much but now, I don't know how you feel about me..." He gets quiet.

What? When did he think I stopped lov- oh. He saw the picture of me and Joey... "Joe, I love you so much. That photo is a fake. I'm gunna beat the fuck out of Brian in a little for that photo." I joke and start to laugh. Joe starts laughing too. "Are you mad at me?" I ask concerned.

"Why would I?" He asks taking my hand in his.

"The photo. It's looks like me and Richter are kissing." I joke.

"I was. But now I'm only a little mad at Joey. But as long as I have you, I'm okay" he smiles. Ah, that amazing smile of his... I can stare at it all day.

I shake my head mentally and smile, "that's why I love you."

"That's why I love you too." He replies and we go back into the room to help.

We work together getting more stuff set and putting costumes on racks.

I look at the clock... One? Already? Damn that actually went by fast, maybe because I was with my favorite guy in the world, my love, my everything.

Heya guys! Sorry that this was a really short chapter it's just hard to do this with all my stuff I do. I'm starting to post a TUp fanfic, "Get Back Up", too, so please go read that because it's probably gunna be better than this fanfic. Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a good day! :)
~stranger_starkid <3