Chapter four

Yay, new chapter! Hope you all like it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary's P. O. V

I opened my eyes and blinked in surprise. Cool liquid swarmed around me and I felt as if I were floating in midair. My hair drifted around my head lazily in an almost hypnotic dance, twirling and twisting into small curls before unraveling, only to repeat the process all over again.

I looked around, disoriented. At first I couldn't comprehend what the hell was happening, then realization hit me. The full force of it felt as if I was being run over by a semi-truck.

I'm in the ocean, I thought, tasting the saltiness of the sea seep through my closed mouth.

Drowning in it!

Panicked I slapped my hands over my mouth in an attempt to keep what little air that still remained in my lungs in me, but as time went on -- seconds to minutes -- I could hold it in no longer. Air burst through my tightly clasped hands, like a dam breaking, letting the air that was held inside flow free.

I choked as water filled my lungs in return, and struggled to stay conscious as black dots colored my vision. I clutched at my throat, my mouth opening and closing futilely and accidentally sucked in more water.

Then, with a start, I realized that my body didn't need the oxygen to function, I could breathe just fine underwater. The sensation was strange as I sucked in water, feeling the cool liquid settle in me before exhaling. The black spots that covered my vision faded away slowly.

By now I already knew this was a dream since there was no way a human could breathe under water, it was an impossible feat really. Well, maybe sometime in the future. Far, far future.

Resigned I decided to stick the dream out and see what happens, of course, what a horrible decision on my part that was, as I would soon come to realize.

I looked upwards and squinted at the shimmering light of the sun just beyond my reach and stretched out a hand towards it, my fingers grasping futilely at it as if I could actually reach that heavenly obis.

I paused as I noticed bubbles floating upwards from the dark abyss that stretched out beneath me and towards the ocean's surface. I cocked my head and watched as the bubbles increased in numbers, traveling up my body as if the source of their existence hovered right below me. Fear washed through me as a chill went down my spine. My eyes wandered downwards.

Red glowing eyes reflected back at me, and not just one but hundreds. Eerie floating eyes with no solid face to go with, they just floated in the darkness.

I jerked back with a gasp, my eyes widening. What the hell are those?

The eyes glowed brightly at once, heating up the water towards boiling point. I hiss out in pain as my skin sizzled, small wisps of smoke rose off my skin. I watched with wide eyes as the water around me bubbled.

Shit!

I whipped around and tried to swim towards the surface of the ocean, and next thing I know I'm being sucked into a whirlwind of water and being tossed back and forth.

I opened my mouth, a silent scream escaping me as I was tossed about. My body twisted and turned, arms and legs struggling to straighten themselves as the pressure building around me forced them to bend in awkward angles.

Then everything stopped and I found myself in a dark room. My eyes slowly adjust to the unexpected darkness. The strain to see in the dark caused a headache to form. Not to mention I didn't feel good at all. I wanted to throw up, and sleep for entire day due to how exhausted I was suddenly. It seems like the moment I was tossed out of that whirlpool and paced in here, all the energy was sucked right out of me. I hardly had enough strength to lift my head and try to figure out where I ended up now.