Chapter sixteen

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've last updated, so I made sure to make this chapter longer than most. Like seriously, this chapter is long. I haven't written a chapter this long since forever.

Word count: 7,349

I demand cookies as compensation! Lol, just kidding. No I'm not, I'm serious. :)

Anywhore, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter like I did, I think I did an okay job writing it thought.

Picture of Ceaser to the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Enjoy! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason's P. O. V

That night I didn't get a wink of sleep, I didn't even have time to, I was too busy staying up at night planning out Tristan's death, a very painful death, if possible -- I wanted to watch his face twist up in agony as the life slowly drained out of him by the seconds -- and how I was going to be able to get Zachary out unharmed from this deal.

Finally, after hours of none stop strategizing and coming up with ways to hide the presence of my men, I came up with an almost fool proof plan, the key word being almost. There were definitely risks involved, and I only had one shot to get Zachary out of there, but it was the best chance I've got, everything else I came up with couldn't even compare to it.

I just hope it works, I thought as the first rays of sun peaked over the horizon and into my bedroom, falling onto my exhausted form.

I looked up from the paper I had been writing on and to the clock to see that it was seven o'clock in the morning and groaned, realizing that I had gotten no sleep whatsoever, and I desperately need sleep if I’m to go through with this plan, I need to be in tip top shape.

"No choice, I'll sleep at the office," I said out loud and rubbed at my aching eyes.

I stood up and walked over to my closet. Opening it up I picked out a suit to wear and headed to the bathroom to take a shower, hanging the suit on the bathroom door as I did so.

I stood under the warm spray of water and tried to relax my stiff muscles, feeling tension running through them. I rolled my shoulders and cracked my neck with a sigh of content as my headache that had been developing eased up some and closed my eyes, shielding them from the dripping water that ran down my face.

Today was the day.

I couldn't help but feel the anticipation coursing through me, as well as be anxious and fearful of how things will turn out. It’s not like I could ignore those feelings, they weren't something I normally felt, not for a long time anyways, and it was putting me on edge.

Even though I was sure that the plan I had come up with will work, for the most part, there was still the question of if everything will play out the way it had in my head, if everyone will follow the script I set for them, of course, it’s not like they know of that script, which was my exact worry.

If tonight doesn't go as planned, then both me and Zachary may end up dead, and I can’t have that happening, but there was no guarantee that ending may not happen.

I shook myself out of my depressing thoughts and finished my shower, then got dressed. I walked out of the bathroom feeling a little better then how I was a few minutes and packed my suitcase full of my plans and was out the door a second later and heading to my office.

As I drove down the street towards the office building a call came in. I took out my phone and glanced at the caller ID, seeing that it was Ross.

Just the man I need to talk to, I thought and answered the phone.