Chapter twelve

I think this chapter turned out horribly. D: You have to tell me if I did bad, because if I did then I'll rewrite it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy. :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary's P. O. V

Visiting Jason's workplace went relatively great, nothing went wrong thankfully and everyone seemed to accept me. I had a fun time too, as surprising as that may seem, and all my worries had been shoved aside and forgotten.

But now, as I sit on the edge of the bed Jason and I were sharing, listening to the sound of the shower running, other thoughts creeped in and occupied my mind, ones that have been bothering me for a while now, and I found it becoming almost unbearable to ignore them anymore.

My parents, what was I going to do about them?

I had planned on revealing that I was alive to them face to face. Going back to my home town when I felt the time was right, but I found myself restless, wanting to get it done and over with. However, at the same time I didn't want to leave Jason's side.

My conflicting emotions were an annoyance I didn't need right now. It's bad enough that I have to deal with Tristan now, the persistent bastard. He was alive and kicking, unfortunately for me. And he was probably undoubtedly trying to find some way to get me back so that he could torture me some more.

He already proved that he's been following me around, that much was obvious from that time he showed up when Jason and I were shopping. I wonder how long he has been stalking me. Does he already know where I staying? Does he know who I'm staying with, who Jason is?

I don't doubt that, Tristan was always good at finding out information when he wanted something bad enough and that something was me.

But then that would mean Jason is in danger because of me now. Tristan was probably working up some evil scheme in order to get rid of him since he would consider Jason a threat to our 'relationship,' even though he's the only one who thinks that we are meant for each other at this point.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did try to take Jason out; he did so with any other person who got too close to me. Though I have a feeling his methods will be far too violent and he might wind up killing Jason instead of chasing him away, which I was afraid of him doing.

Oh, I hope he doesn't try to hurt Jason. And Jason can't find out about Tristan or he'll probably go after him and get hurt. He may think he's invincible or something, but he's not, he's human like the rest of us, and humans can die.

The shower suddenly shut off, startling me out of my thoughts and Jason emerged out of the steaming bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist. My mind blanked out as I stared at his naked torso, once again caught in a trap by his godly looks.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he said, his deep, velvety voice sending a shiver down my spine, and gave me his famous cocky smirk.

I snapped out of my daze and replied boldly, only realizing what I said a second later. "Well maybe I will." I flushed bright red and became flustered, looking everywhere but him, though I could help but catch a glimpse of his face in the process.

He looked surprised by my response before a wide, sly smile spread across his face and he strolled over to where I sat and leaned down, bringing his face up close to mine, too close if I say so myself. I could feel the heat radiating off him in waves, smell his heavy musky sent that filled me to the brim with arousal.

"Oh really now?" He purred and I about just melted on the spot from how sexy he sounded. The way he was acting, it's as if he's an entirely different person then from how he was a few minutes ago.