Chapter six

Alright, new chapter. Be prepared for some of your questions being answered!

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary's P. O. V

A little while later Jason came in carrying a tray full of food. My mouth watered considerably when I set my sights on the steaming pancakes caked with syrup, and my stomach growled excitedly from its delectable smell.

I eagerly sat up and scooted back until my back was to the headboard so that Jason could place the tray on top of my out stretched legs. "Enjoy," he said and took a step back, watching me intently, silently urging me to eat.

I gulped and looked down at the food.

Damn, if I hadn't been hungry before, I was now. I couldn't wait to sink my teeth in into it.

However, I hesitated, eyeing the food suspiciously. I glanced up at Jason and he quirked a brow at me questioningly. "What?" He asked.

"Um," I said dumbly as I tried to think of a way to tell him that I still didn't trust him enough to just blindly eat the food given to me, what if it was poisoned or drugged. I wouldn't know until I died or passed out from taking a bite out of it.

Understanding lit in his eyes and he bent down, startling me as he picked up the fork and cut a piece of the pancake apart and slipped it into his mouth. I cocked my head to the side and watched him with interest as he placed the fork down and began chewing the food, swallowing it a second later.

I waited a few minutes to see if anything would happen, but when nothing did I picked up the fork and dug in, devouring the pancakes within minutes, moaning from how delicious it was and murmuring compliments to the chief the whole time. When I was done I leaned back, satisfied, letting out a burp.

My eyes widened and I slapped my hands over my mouth the second it left me, blushing brightly. I looked up at Jason to see him staring at me in amusement, his lips twitching with the possibility of a smile. "I'm guessing that it was good," it was more of a statement then a question.

I grinned sheepishly at him, uncovering my mouth after making sure I wasn't going to do something so vulgar again, feeling myself relax. "Sorry about that."

He dismissed it with a wave of his hand, "Its fine, it just means you’re comfortable enough to be yourself around me. I won't complain."

"Huh," was all I said, frowning slightly. Was I really that comfortable being around him already?

I did seem to be acting like my true self; the one that I had thought was long gone. The one that Tristan had fought so hard to beat out of me, and I had thought he did. But I guess I was wrong. That part of me was still there, and I was thankful of that. At least I had retained some of my old personality, and at least I wasn’t totally different than before. I was still me.

I still remember looking in the mirror every day for the past two months and staring at my reflection in disgust, wondering who the hell that was on the other side who looked just like me but was not. It was just some fake, and the real me was somewhere else. Gone, and never to come back.

Until now, I realized. Jason was bringing out everything I had forgotten about myself and opening me up bit by bit, tearing apart the walls I had built up with just a few words and actions. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't felt the kindness of others for so long that just the slightest compliment was enough to have my attention.

And that's what scared me more than anything else. I was trusting him so easily, opening up too fast, just like I did with Tristan. But I couldn’t seem to help it. He kept slipping through my defenses as if they weren’t there, wriggling his way into my guarded heart so that it was nearly impossible to think straight, to refuse him.