Chapter eleven

Picture of Ross to the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Zachary's P. O. V

I wasn't looking forward to today anymore, the day that Jason was going to bring me to his workplace. In fact, I was dreading it. I may have been eager about going yesterday, but as the day progressed and I had time to mull over what I had agreed to, I became fearful.

What if they don't like me and want to get rid of me because I know too much already? Would I be able to like them myself? Can I handle meeting them in the first place? How long has it been since I've ever done something of the sort with a large group of persons, I'm so nervous?

I had tried to hide my worries from Jason but failed miserably in that aspect as it neared the time to leave and I was nowhere near ready to go. Far from it.

I anxiously paced the length of the bedroom, running a hand through my hair every now and then and mumbling incomprehensible words under my breath. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was completely freaked out.

For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I agreed to his proposal in the first place. Spur of the moment decision maybe? Anyways, whatever that had possessed me to do such a thing needed to get beaten out of me before it decides to do anything else stupid, like make me accept Jason's suggestion to come with him to work.

Oh wait, never mind, it's too late now to stop something like that to happen, it already did that! Ugh!

Why am I such a moron sometimes? I swear, I must have gotten dropped when I was a baby. That was the only explanation for my impulsive and rather stupid choices sometimes.

I could feel Jason's eyes on me as I resumed pacing once again, could feel his amusement radiating off him in waves, as he sat on the edge of our bed. He had his head resting on the palm of his hand, and his elbow of that same arm placed neatly on the top of his knee. His eyes followed my movement swiftly, and his lips were curved at the ends at the beginning of a smile.

"Will you stop it already, everything is going to turn out fine," he spoke up at last with a chuckle rumbling from his chest, eyes sparkling brightly.

I halted mid-step and whirled around to face him, scowling in annoyance at his nonchalance. "Easy for you to say Mr. Tough Guy," I hissed heatedly, narrowing my eyes at him. "However, I for one am not as optimistic."

He rolled his eyes in exasperation and sprung off of the bed, startling me with his sudden movement, and walked over to the bedroom door, pausing by it to look back at me with a raised brow. "I'll be downstairs if you need me. Oh, and do hurry it up will you, we are leaving soon," he said with a smirk before leaving, disappearing down the hall a second later, his footsteps echoing as they struck the steps of the stairs leading to the first floor.

I gapped after him in shock before anger heated my blood passed boiling point and fisted my hands. "Asshole," I shouted after him, a little late in my reaction unfortunately, and heard his answering laugh drift up from the first floor. I grumbled insults directed at him under my breath as I got ready for the days event.

God, what a jerk, he didn't have to be so mean! Can't he tell that I'm genuinely worried about all this? However, now that I think about it, even I have to admit that I may be overreacting; it couldn't be all that bad, right?

Of course it isn't. I mean, there's no way Jason would bring me to his work place if he thought there was even a slim chance of me being endangered, that I knew for sure, no doubt about that fact in my heart.