Epilogue

Hey everyone, here's the last chapter. I hope you like it very much and aren't too mad at me for ending the story! :(

Dedicating this chapter to @rotXinXpieces because she's an awesome writer. I love all of her books, their really good, you should check her out if you haven't. :)

Ugh, I think I did so-so on this chapter.

Anyways, enjoy! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary's P. O. V

I cracked open my eyes and let out a well-rested groan, stretching my arms above my head and yawned loudly as I sat up in bed, then glanced at the clock, seeing the red numbers reading 11:24 a.m. and raised a brow in surprise.

It was very rare for me to even be able to sleep in, not only due to me having to go to a new school to finish off my senior year, but also because of Jason's job requiring, at times, for him to come in earlier some days. And then I realized it was Sunday and also Jason's day off and everything made sense.

As the delicious smell of morning breakfast invaded my senses, making my stomach growl with hunger, I got up from bed and trudged down the stairs sleepily, my eyes still adjusting to the sudden bright lights that lit the flat, causing me to blink in momentary confusion before my eyes focused on the sight in front of me.

My lips formed a small smile and the remainder of my tiredness flew out the door as I took in the sexy man cooking food for me a few feet away, his hips swaying to an unknown beat. As his arms moved the muscles on his exposed back rippled and flexed, revealing only a smudge of that perfectly sculpted body that was all mine to indulge in.

I quietly walked up to Jason and slid my arms around his waist, feeling him tense for a moment before relaxing in my arms after realizing it was only me and whispered a soft, "Morning stud," and kissed his cheek, then said, "Hmm, that smells good, whatcha making?"

Jason hummed contently and kissed me back before answering. "Your favorite," he replied, "French toast with some hash browns on the side," he indicated to the food and I couldn't help my mouth watering when I set my eyes on all of its glory.

"Sweet," I breathed and let go of him so that he could continue cooking without restraint and went to go sit on the kitchen stool, and busied myself with watching him, feeling a sense of calmness overcome me.

"How was your sleep?" He asked without pause in what he was doing. He shifted through the cabinet above him and took out a spice unknown to me and shook some inside the pan full of hash browns and stirred it around.

"Absolutely wonderful, it’s been a while since I slept so well," I admitted with a bright smile.

He chuckled in amusement and said, "That's great." He finished up cooking the food and handed me a plate full, setting it in front of me, then took a seat beside me on the stool and we ate in comfortable silence and I found myself once again reminiscing about all that's gone on in the past year and a half.

Ceaser had managed to escape Jason's clutches for now at least and has gone into hiding; there hasn't been any trouble from him anymore, thank god for that. It seemed as if he's just gathering strength again, plotting new ways for revenge, and waiting for the right moment to strike. But we weren't really worried about him these days, knowing it would be a while before he tried anything.

Ross has moved up in the ranking system and has now become Jason's right hand man. He no longer only supervised the intelligence section, but has also took over Julio's job as investigator/carrying out the dirty jobs, though Ross doesn't seem to mind the extra work. He'll only have to deal with it until a replacement is found to do the job, but he'll stay Jason's right hand man.