Chapter eight

Hey everyone, it's been a while time since I've updated this story. Thats why I've made this chapter long, hope you enjoy it. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary's P. O. V

The whole way back to Jason's flat I didn’t say a word. I jump at the slightest noise and every second I'm scanning around me nervously. Jason knows something is wrong because he would shoot me worried glances ever so often, but has the right mind not to ask what's bothering me, and I'm glad since I know I won't be able to answer his questions.

At the moment my mind was running on overdrive as I tried to figure out what I had just witnessed. Was that really Tristan I saw and not some figment of my imagination?

No it couldn't have been him, Tristan was dead.

But how do you know, the voice in the back of my head said, you didn't stick around to check, he could have survived.

I paled. That voice was so right. I hadn't stuck around long enough to check his pulse and see if he was still alive. What if he had lived and was somehow able to stop himself from bleeding out, then it would only make sense that what I had seen wasn't a ghost of some sort.

We pulled into the parking lot and I tensed and looked around for any signs of Tristan but when I saw none I relaxed and got out of the car, unloaded it of all the shopping bags with Jason's help and headed for the elevators, Jason trailing quietly after me. I glanced back at him curiously.

"You're being so quiet," I commented as I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for our floor.

I set the shopping bags onto the floor as my arms began to ache. He had bought so much for me, way too much. And although I was flattered by how nice he was being I felt immensely guilty.

I felt like I was a free loader, which I kind of was. The 'job' he gave me of basically being his housekeeper, I guess, wasn't really a way of paying him back since I haven't even done much besides washing the dishes.

I wish there was something else I could do as a way to pay him back for his kindness but I couldn't think of anything other than what I was used to doing. And I had no desire to bring up unpleasant memories; it wouldn't help my situation at all and quickly shoved the thoughts away.

I'll have to think of a way to pay him back later, I thought dismissively.

"I could say the same to you," he retorted with his usual smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"Fair enough," I smiled softly and gathered the bag's when we were close to the floor Jason's flat was on. The door dinged open and we stepped out and headed to Jason's front door. I waited as he unlocked the door and walked in, setting the bags on the floor again.

I let out a relieved sigh that all that weight was off me and turned to Jason. "Am I putting all this in the room I was in before, or your room?" I asked him.

He looked over at me, then at the bags. "My room, I'll make some room for you."

"Uh, are you sure, wouldn't it be better if I put it in the guest room?" I offered

"No, its fine, I have enough room for you," he insisted, leaving no room for argument and I reluctantly agreed.

And with that I gathered everything and headed to his room and began unpacking. By the time I was done it was late at night and I started to feel nervous with the thought of sleeping in the same bed a Jason.

"Alright I'm done, go ahead and take a shower Zachary," Jason said from behind me and I spun to face him and immediately wished I hadn't.

I turned bright red at the sight of his barely covered self and froze, taking in his appearance. He only had a towel wrapped around his waist; the rest of him was exposed to the elements, and my eyes luckily. Steam rolled off his sun kissed skin, and I had a completely good view of his perfectly muscled body.