Chapter five

WARNING: Lots of profanity, mental/physical abuse, etc. You get the point. You have been warned.

Anyways, enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zachary's P. O. V

Okay. I know I said I was going to make Jason fall in love with me, but in all honesty, I had no idea how to go about it. It’s not like I've had much experience involving trying to get someone to like me, or even the whole relationship aspect to being with.

And in chase you haven’t noticed, the last person I dated turned out to be a psychotic, abusive guy. I'm one of those people you don't go to for relationship advice, literally. I'd probably cause more harm than not.

I signed and flopped down on my back; the mattress shifted with a groan before quieting down. I brushed a hand through my hair tiredly as I stared up at the ceiling, lost in thought.

Plus I was still having issues with getting past the whole Tristan ordeal in the first place and didn’t actually know if I was ready yet for another guy in my life. Not to mention the fact that Jason's practically a stranger, and for all I know, he might actually be a mini Tristan in disguise. Though I highly doubted it.

For some reason just being around Jason put me at ease, not at all how I had first felt when I met Tristan. I had felt a bit uneasy and nervous being around him. I think I might have mistaken those feelings for being attracted to his good looks and overly aware of his presence, now that I think of it. But if my discomfort at being around him wasn’t enough of an indicator that there wasn’t something right with Tristan, then I don’t know what is.

And I admit, I was a bit naïve, or a lot naïve, in fact. I blame it on my parents and my sheltered life. My parents where the kind if people who were overprotective and would baby me, not that I stopped them from doing that. They'd get me whatever it was that I wanted, made sure I was always safe, and kept me away from anything remotely dangerous. They never brought me along when they went away for work; never let me outside the small town I grew in at all, much to my annoyance.

At the time I was curious and adventurous in a way, always wanting to learn new things, travel the world. Then along came Tristan, who stirred up emotions in me that I had never felt before, and I jumped at the chance to get to know him, ignoring the warnings in the back of my mind.

He took me places I had never been before, taught me things and I adored him for it. I followed him like a puppy seeking attention from its master. It wasn't more than a week that I had known him and I already followed every order he gave me, very willingly might I add.

I had even convinced myself that my feelings for him were love and when he said those three words to me I felt complete. I had introduced him to my parents and they seemed to accept him with open arms, saying, "What a fine, upstanding young man. Look at his manners, he’s so polite."

Of course, me being me, was grinning proudly like a fool with no idea of what was to come. And not even a week later did Tristan start to slowly change. At first it was the little things: his kisses were rougher than before, eyes weren't so soft and loving towards me, his tone was harsher as he addressed me. Then it became unbearable. He wouldn't look at me, speak to me, he wouldn't even touch me without making a face of disgust.

It confused and hurt me, the way he was acting. I had no idea what I had done to make him hate me. It was so bad I had started crying myself to sleep. Finally I had had enough of his attitude and broke up with him, but he wouldn't have it. If you had seen the look on his face when I told him I did want to be with him anymore, you would have thought I confessed to killing his puppy.