• Decision •

It was time.

After a rough nights sleep and a lot of thinking, I finally had my answer.

I walked to the nurse's station and called for the doctor. Shortly after, he walked with me and stopped just before the door to Maya's room.

"I hope you slept well, what's your decision?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

I sighed deeply before responding in a dragged voice.

"I-I um." I couldn't even speak. My hands were sweaty and I was starting to shake.

"I-I want you to save Maya." He nodded and immediately got Maya ready for the procedure, taking her to another unit.

Everything happened so fast as I sat their pondering countless things.

Was this the right thing to do?

A wave of tears hit me, making me fall out my chair and fall on the floor. I curled up into a ball as people gave me looks when they walked by.

I killed my child.

I was the reason that my child didn't have life.

I worked up the strength to walk down the hall as I entered the vacant waiting room.

My eyes were so puffy that watching tv was pointless. I grabbed a blanket and snuggled up on the couch, hoping to wake up out this nightmare.

///

"Jungkook?" I was shaken awake by a nurse in purple scrubs.

"N-Ne?" I asked, stretching my stiff body.

"You're here with Maya, correct?"

"Oh, yes." I shot up, reading to see my baby girl.

"You can see her now. She is room 218 down the hall." I nodded a thank you and fan as fast as I could.

I slowed down and prepared myself before entering.

I peeked in at first and saw Maya reading. She looked so beautiful.

How could I tell her about the decision?

How could I tell her I killed our child?

I walked in, causing her to look up.

"Oh, Jungkook!" She gasped and opened her arms for me. I clamped my body onto hers, feeling her warmth.

"I'm so sorry." I weeped, letting all my emotions out.

"I-I just can't live without you." I admitted, feeling guilty about my decision.

"J-Jungkook." She lifted my head, smiling.

"Why are you crying?" She asked.

"The doctor, h-he made me choose - "

"He saved us." She said, confusing me.

"No, I chose you and now we'll never even know our child's gen - "

"Both of us. The baby and I. We both survived." She spoke with joy, breaking into a rejoicing cry.

I was astonished as I slowly crept down to her belly. It already looked bigger than yesterday as I placed my hand on it.

Soon her shirt was wet with my tears as I talked loads to our soon to be child.

"W-We're having a baby!" I exclaimed, letting the excitement overwhelm me.

I held her hand and placed a caste kiss upon it.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

We both leaned in and shared a much needed passionate kiss.