• Baby •

I know it's been a year since I've updated.. Sorry fam.

Maya's POV

I had been laying in my hospital bed for an hour. My contractions had died down and the doctors had given me pain meds. Jungkook sat to my left, holding my hand tight.

"Baby.. I-I'm nervous." I stuttered out as I looked into his eyes. He smiled and squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Everything will be fine Jagiya."
He kissed my forehead before getting up, making me frown when his hand left mine.

"I'll go get you some food baby." With that he left, leaving me in the empty and lifeless room that would soon be the first sight my baby would see.

I couldn't be happier.

"Knock knock!" The doctor came in with a clipboard and stood beside my bed.

"Maya, I have some news." I looked up curiously, knowing that whatever he had to say must be about the baby.

"It seems you'll be having the baby tonight, maybe even soon. You're contractions have died down, meaning that the next stage is the breaking of your water."

"Really?" I sat up. My body was already on alert.

"Just relax, you don't want to stress more." He gave me more pain medicine before leaving.

Almost instantly, It felt like a knife had gone through my spine, making me jerk upwards.

"Ahh!" I grabbed onto the arms of the bed and I seized in pain.

"J-Jungkook..." I whined, hoping he would come soon.

I closed my eyes, the pain nearly unbearable.

"Jagi?!" I opened my eyes to see Jungkook at my side. His reassurance was enough to help disguise the pain.

"It hurts!" I whimpered as the pain traveled lower, now around my hips.

"Baby it's okay. Just lay back and take deep breaths." His muscular hands gently pushed me back. I nodded hastily, obeying him.

I breathed in and out.

"Baby?" Jungkook spread my legs a bit to find a puddle between them.

"My water.." I started.

"It broke." He finished.

Jungkook ran to get the doctor as a nurse came to my side, saying calming words.

"Are you ready to have this baby?" She asked concernedly.

Even though I wanted to say:
'No, actually. Can you make sure it stays inside until I'm ready?'

I actually said:
"I-I'm ready."

I was shaking. Whether it was from pain or fear; I couldn't tell.

The doctor came back with Jungkook as they both rushed to me.

"Alright, Maya. I need you to listen to me, arasso? I need you to push." He said in a calm yet direct voice.

I squeezed Jungkook's hand tightly as I pushed with all my might. I moaned out loudly, my whole body in pain.

"Good job Maya! The head is already out!" The doctor said, giving me more encouragement to continue.

I had been pushing for nearly ten minutes now, the pain worse.

"All done!" The doctor pulled the baby out and I waited eagerly to hold it.