Lapis Lazuli x reader (part one)

(Y/N)=Your Name
(E/C)=Eye colour
(H/C)= Hair colour
(S/C)=Skin colour
(H/L)= Hair length
(G/N)=Gem name
(B/P)=Body part where the gem is

Laying on the grass, Lapis observed closely the Homeworld Galaxy. Knowing that she could probably never get back 'home' pained her to know you were out there, without her. But, knowing how you were lately, you probably moved on a long time ago. She was useless to you, anyways. Wasn't she? Although Lapis loved you so much, why would such a beautiful gem like you stay around her without a reason? She always thought that after the war, you had given up hope on her and maybe focused your attention on some better gem. You didn't seem to love her as much as she loved you. It seemed that to you, she was just something to keep yourself busy. So maybe it was a good thing to actually stay on Earth. You wouldn't have to deal with her, and she didn't need to get so anxious whenever you were around. It's a win-win situation... Sort of.

Lapis couldn't get you out of her head, even if you were oh so far away. She did miss you, but the thought of you missing her was almost impossible to her. Slowly sinking into her own thoughts, Lapis failed to notice Steven making his way towards her. He sat down and greeted her loudly. "Hey, Lapis! What are you doing out here?" Lapis slightly jumped, darting her eyes off the starry sky and looked down at Steven, forcing a small smile. "Hey." She answered. Steven's eyes trailed up where Lapis was looking, smiling. "Isn't that were Homeworld is?" He asked, pointing to the night sky. "Pearl told me that's where it was." He finished, looking up at Lapis, eager to know if he was right. The blue gem shook her head, a sad smile making its way on her face. "You know," Steven started. "You never told me why you wanted to go back to Homeworld. Weren't they the ones who put you inside the mirror? If I was you, I wouldn't want to go back there, and be put in a mirror again..." He concluded. Lapis looked back up to Homeworld's main direction. "I wouldn't want to go back if that was the only thing awaiting me either. But, there's someone over there I miss... A lot." She briefly said. "What kind of 'someone'?" Steven pushed. Lapis gave him a quick glance. Would he even understand if she told him? "Like Ruby and Sapphire?" He inquired.

Lapis smiled, "I guess it was like that." She started. Steven's eyes brightened up, and by that I mean his pupils turned into stars. Lapis giggled at his randy behaviour, and decided it couldn't hurt to give it a try and to explain to him who you were. "How does she look? Do you guys love each other? Did you ever fuse like Ruby and Sapphire did? Do you ever talk to her, somehow?" He questioned. Lapis lifted her hand up, signalling him to stop. "Stop talking, if you want me to tell you." Steven nodded, and laid down on his belly, supporting his head with his hands. Lapis cleared her throat before starting. "Back on Homeworld, before the war had started, I met this Gem called (Y/N). She-" Steven interrupted."What did she look like?? Was it love at first sight?" Lapis slightly glared at Steven. "Please don't interrupt me." She sighed and started back again, but soon got carried away in the past.

"Although it wasn't the name of her gem, she insisted on me to call her (Y/N). She really... Caught my attention, I suppose. She had the most beautiful (E/C) eyes I ever saw. They shined so brightly I could have thought they were gems themselves. And her (H/L), (H/C) hair seemed to match with her being perfectly. It was so well kept you could have thought it was synthetic. Her gem was placed on her (B/P). She seemed to be the only one of her kind, though. And I'm happy that I had the honour to know 'the one and only' (Y/N)." Lapis smiled, and remembered she should probably tell Steven how you two met, even if it didn't seem that interesting. "I remember how we met. I was walking, preoccupied by something, though I don't really remember what, and I failed to notice her walking towards me, too. She didn't run into me fully aware, she just... Wasn't looking. We crashed into each other and both fell down. I was so embarrassed, I couldn't imagine how mad she would be. But she wasn't. She smiled it off and helped me up, apologizing. I apologized too, and fled. I didn't want to see her again, after I had made a fool of myself like that, but she somehow found me, later on. Just the thought that I had 'bumped' into her made me shy, somehow. Though, she didn't seem leave me, saying that she should 'make it up to me' for crashing into me. I gave in, seeing as how she probably wouldn't stop bothering me. I thought maybe after, she would see how... Boring I was and just leave. But she didn't. (Y/N) told me countless of times how 'amazing' and 'entertaining' I was. And also countless of other compliments appeared, too. She called me beautiful, caring, strong, generous, determined, passionate... She seemed to believe in me so much... (Y/N) herself seemed so nice. She was probably ten times more than what she thought of me, and she seemed to like me. I liked her too, actually. I loved her. (Y/N) was always there to cheer me up, or help me whenever I needed it. She was my only support, other than myself. She kept saying how strong I was alone, and how strong we would be together. After a while, it seemed that we definitely returned each other's feelings. I liked it that way. It was only me, and her. No one else, but us.