Rhodonite x human!reader

"It's gonna be fine, just hold your breath!" Steven reassured as he disappeared into Lion's mane. 

"Whatever you say, captain."

 Oh, the things you'd do to see Lars again. 

With him being your childhood best friend, suffocating inside a magical lion's mane was surely within the best friend sacrifice range, wasn't it? 

Setting one foot in, you assumed it was okay, and you slid inside the pet's fur fully, taking one last gasp for air before your head went under. 

No one's POV

Steven gasped as he emerged from Lars' head. "Lars I have a surprise!" He yelled, alarming the said captain. 

"Gah!" Lars fell off his seat as Steven got out of his hair. "You need to stop doing that!" He complained, rubbing his head. 

"I can't!" Steven exclaimed, waving at the gems around him. "It's the only way I can see you!" 

"No, I mean you need to stop yelling! I'm gonna get a heart attack!" 

Steven was about to answer, but he fell into deep though. "Would you...? Your heart's pretty slow... I don't think it's possible..." 

"Whatever," Lars sat back on his chair. "Just don't scare me like that again!" 

A small gasp was heard. "I have a marvelous vision!" Padparadscha smiled. "Steven shall return!" 

The three off-colors by her side smile and greet Steven. 

"Wait wait wait!" Steven went back towards Lars. "I brought a surprise for you Lars! I need to get her!" 

"Is it Connie again?" He asked as he glanced up at his pink hair. 

Before Steven could answer, a figure threw themselves out of Lars' hair and fell face first on the ground, panting and gasping for air. 

"What the hell?" Lars exclaimed.

"IIIIIt'sss (Y/N)!" Steven yelled. "Hooray!" 

Your POV

You got up once you had your breath and took in your surroundings. 

Damn, getting out of Lion's mane didn't look as cool as you thought. There went your first impressions... 

"I'm never going in that lion again..." You whispered to yourself. 

A voice behind you pronounced your name, and you instinctively turned around, seeing Lars. But in pink. 

"It's really you!" He smiled brightly and brought you in for a bone crushing hug. 

"Oh, how beautiful." Steven wiped a tear. You didn't know if it was real or not. 

"What happened to you?" You broke the hug to get a closer look at his new appearance. "Did the Pink Panther throw up on you?" 

Both Lars and Steven laughed. "Not really..." Lars scratched his head, probably searching for a way to explain. "I think I died, and Steven brought me back, so I'm pink now. And I also have weird powers like his lion." 

"Can you do the roaring thing?" You asked, amazed. 

"The what now?" Your best friend looked down at Steven for an explanation. 

"I don't think he can yet, but we'll work on it once he gets back to Earth."

"Oh my stars!" A calm, yet excited voice exclaimed. "I predict Steven will bring a human that is very dear to Lars!"