Pearl x human!reader

A/N: OMG THIS IS SO SHORT BUT I GOT CARRIED AWAY IN THE TOKYO GHOUL:RE FANDOM AND AAAAAH!! I'll try to update more often BUT!! For any Tokyo ghoul fans reading this, I made a oneshot book for them too (although there'll be more about Shirazu Ginshi than anyone else because that sweet boy deserves the world)!!

The friendship you have with Pearl was surely a good one. It was extremely healthy, and the two of you were alike more than what you would've thought, with her being an extremely intellectual being from outer space with thousands of years of intergalactic all experiences and all... Yet she was still so... Human at times. You loved her to no end.

"No, you've got it all wrong, Pearl! Music is definitely science! AND mathematics too!"

"But I don't see how! Music is music! It has it's own category of things, with subcategories and theories of its own, (Y/N)!"

You then proceeded to go into details about how sound waves created music and how some sound waves just weren't compatible with others, how it related to music, and then explained how mathematic was always used when composing music.

While the two of you were bickering about everything and nothing, changing subjects at 100 mph, Steven and Connie watched from the sidelines, Steven adorning his biggest smile and Connie stifling her laughter.

"(Y/N), you have to admit that while doing exercises like running or physical training in a gym is beneficial to health, some sports are just counterproductive. Take volleyball for instance-"

You gasped. "Volleyball is a great sport and works on so many things in your body and mind and coordination-"

"They're such a cute couple!" Connie accidentally exclaimed out loud. The girl soon covered her mouth, apologizing for interrupting your conversation.

"We're... We're not a couple!" You clarified, failing to notice how Pearl's mood became gloomier.

"Wha- why not?" Connie asked, looking to Steven for help.

"We're... We're just not compatible." You attempted to explain. You were definitely ruining the mood.

"I thought I told you, Connie..." Steven added. "But I disagree with (Y/N)! The two of you are very much compatible!"

"Why, we are!" Pearl added, much to your surprise. "We're surprisingly on the same intelligence level, and you are quite responsible, not to forget very autonomous and mature for a human being, and-"

"And the two of you are perfect for each other!" Steven exclaimed.

"Yeah! We should set up a date!" Connie added.

"A date?!" You and Pearl exclaimed at the same time.

"But... I was only proving Steven's point..! Surely a date is a bit far fetched, no..?" Pearl stuttered out, flustered.

"Oh, we could have the two of you go on a dinner date!"

"Now Connie, Pearl doesn't like human food."

"Sword fighting?"

"I don't think the possibility of getting harmed is very romantic..."

"Er... Movie date?"

"I never understood movies in the first place..." Pearl interrupted.

"How about going to Funland?" Steven asked.

"It's not good enough for people like them!" Connie giggled.

"That's true, maybe-"

"Stop it!" You yelled. That was unintentional, you swear. You didn't want to interrupt their daydreaming, much less startle them, but... They weren't taking in the flaws of their plan. "I'm not interested in anyone! I rather stay single, thank you very much!"