(Request) Lapis Lazuli x reader (part two)

Requested by: 440867ap4 (why do you have to make my life complicated...)

Lunging forward, Lapis tackled you in a tight hug. You awkwardly laughed and returned the hug, wrapping your hands around her small waist, as her arms were tightening up around your neck. You glanced at Steven, who seemed more than happy to see the two of you reunited. Looking at you, he giggled and have you a thumbs up, which made you smile wider, if possible.

Turning your attention back to Lapis, you noticed she was... Crying. Her body was shaking, and you started rubbing circles on her back. You felt her tears hit you (clothed/bare) back, and your heart sank, seeing her in such a state.

"Aw, Lapis, don't cry, I'm here..." You whispered.

You noticed from the corner of your eye that Steven looked a bit worried. You waved him off, and separated yourself from your Lapis Lazuli.

"Do you h-have any idea about how m-much I missed you?" She asked, calming herself down and wiping her tears away.

"I'm pretty sure it was just a fraction of how much I missed you," you said, both of her hands, and wiping her tears yourself.

She smiled, and you glanced down at her lips. She did the same, and you both started leaning in, until you remembered that Steven was still there.

"Rose's kid is still here," you pointing out.

"So what?" She said, with a still shaky voice.

"We'd get easily carried away. Besides, don't you want to spend some time with us outside? The weather looks perfect" You said, glancing outside. "I haven't been out of the temple since you disappeared." You concluded.

Lapis didn't answer, and an awkward settled in, for a few minutes. It gave you time to realize, that after centuries of waiting, you finally found Lapis. Though, you had thought she was still on Homeworld. Never did you think she'd actually join the Crystal Gems. But then again, you never thought you'd change sides in the battlefield, either.

"Okay," Steven started, "I agree with (Y/N), maybe we could go outside, although it's night! I'm sure the gems wouldn't mind us staying up all night if it's for getting you two to catch up!"

You smiled brightly, looking at Lapis. "I'd love that!" You laughed wholeheartedly, you were still oh so happy to see Lapis, and laughing was probably the only way possible to get your emotions out. Wrapping an arm around your girlfriend's slim waist, and waited for her answer.

"So would I," she said, giggling at your overjoyed behaviour.

"Great!" Steven cheered, and lead the two of you downstairs, and outside. The two of you followed, glancing at each other when you could, without tripping or running into something.

Steven stopped on the beach, and sat down. "Come sit down with me, you two!" He said, patting the sand on his right. You took Lapis's hand, sat down next to Steven, and she beside you, watching the night sky closely.

"I thought you would have stayed with Homeworld, back then." Lapis started, her eyes glued in the main direction of your 'home'. "I thought you would have done the same," you answered.

"Don't you know she was stuck in a mirror..?" Steven asked, concerned. "They trapped her in a mirror back in the rebellion." He explained.

You looked at both of them, godforsaken. "You were stuck in an object..?" You said, literally hearing your heart break. Your girlfriend had been stuck in a mirror, and never, ever did you think it was a possibility.