Sardonyx x reader

(Y/N)=Your name
(I/W)=Insert weapon

A/N: I have no idea how this is going to go oh sweet Jesus...

You walked up to the other crystal gems, letting go of your (I/W), watching as it turned into light and disappeared. You sighed and wiped your hands on your pants. "I finished off the centipeetle. Did you find the neeeeeeeoaaaahh..." You said, looking up to what looked like a gigantic beehive-like structure.

"We found the nest!" Steven cheered, jumping around. You stopped him, putting a finger to your lips. "Shush, you don't want the remaining ones to hear you, for now."

He nodded, and you looked at the mother squad. "Fusion, I suppose?"

Pearl nodded, examining the nest. Before she could do anything, you proposed something.

"The nest is huge. If we just break it, every monster in there will crawl out and that won't be any fun, so Sugilite's a big no. Opal would be okay, but the weapon won't do enough damage at once."

You thought for a while, and sighed, annoyed. "And I never fused with any of you. So experimenting on that when we're on a mission would be dangerous. So I'm out too, sadly."

You did want to try fusion really badly, but you were unexperienced. So just imagine if something went downhill, and your fusion... Went wrong. That wouldn't be fun.
Smiling, you tried to hide your joy.

"So everything that's left is either Alexandrite, or SAR- ahem." Trying to hide the squeals, you tried to pronounce her name again. "Sardonyx."

Amethyst slid your way, "Looks like someone has a crush~"

You gave her a warning glare, and you knew she could tell it was her one and only strike, gone. "Well looks like someone's not fusing today." You answered.

"You're right on that one."

Before you could even smirk, she continued. "And that someone is you."

Growling, you refrained from hitting her square in the face. "Why, you little b-"

"Enough!" You heard Garnet shout. Surprised by her loud voice, you both turned to her and Pearl.

"(Y/N)'s right. Sugilite and Opal won't do any good." She stated.  

"And neither will the new fusions," Pearl said, joining the conversation.

"But what about Alexandrite?" Amethyst suggested, seemingly desperate to fuse.

"It would be too much." The paler gem added.

You jumped around, cheering, while Steven seemed to join you. Amethyst sighed, and watched the two of you run around, until Pearl and Garnet started their fusion dance.
Small squeals could be heard while this took place, and Amethyst nudged your side.

"You never really denied what I said earlier." She said, smirking.

"I shouldn't lie, should I?" You said in a whisper, to make sure no one else but her heard.

Her expression changed from smug to excited. With this newfound information, she was about to scream something, but a cheery voice interrupted her.

"I'm back!~"

That was it. You and Steven rushed to get to Sardonyx, cheering, laughing and well, you were squealing very, very loudly. She easily picked both of you up, and brought you to her eye level.

"Why hello sweethearts! Isn't it a pleasure to see you two again! Missed me?"

Before you could nod, a loud laugh escaped her mouth.

"Of course you did! Why was that even a question?"

"Now, what's chore?" She asked. You raised your hand, excitedly.  Whenever Sardonyx came, you were just out of your mind, acting like you were five again. But you didn't really mind it. You just really liked that fusion, and she was fun to be around, too.

"The Centipeetle nest," you said, pointing at it. "I suggest you crush it as fast and strongly as possible, making sure not to many can get out alive. Because if you didn't and they would all survive, it would be a real mess! N-not that I'm saying you'd fail," you stuttered, scratching the back of your neck.

Sardonyx gently put you and Steven down, and got her weapon out. "That's really smart, (Y/N)! I was thinking just the same! And what about the mother?"

"She'd be higher and deeper into the nest, since her room has to be the first one created!" You both said in sync.

You giggled, and Sardonyx got ready to strike. You watched her pulverize the nest, crushing a few Centipeetles that would escape every now and then.

"You were totally out of your mind!" Amethyst said.

"It couldn't be that obvious, right?" You added, not taking your gaze off the tall fusion.

"Do you like her?" Steven asked.

Amethyst's laugh ran loudly through your ears. You were pretty sure even Homeworld could hear it from here. She fell down, rolling around in the ground.

"If- pffft..." She took deep, shaky breaths. "If Steven c-can notice that, you really m-messed up!" She said. Not a second after she forced out the words, she went into another fit of laughter.

Blushing, you looked away. Steven walked over to you, curious.

"So... You do like her?" He asked, taking a look at your blushing face. Noticing how much of a mess you were, he concluded.

"You look like you like her!"

You hushed him, and went back to watching Sardonyx, who seemed about finished with her job.

"You did well!" You yelled, hoping she'd hear you.

Looking over, she gave you four thumbs up.

"Aww thank you, honey! Now, I gotta go, but if ever you miss me, just tell Pearl and Garnet! I'm sure they'll be delighted to fuse again!"

Nodding, you waved her goodbye, and she did the same to the three of you.

Getting up, Amethyst threw an arm around your shoulder. "Did you hear that? She called you 'honey'! You're gettin' close, girl!"

"Yeah..." You said, kind of sinking in your own thoughts. You wondered if it was too much to ask Garnet and Pearl to fuse into your... Crush for a minimum of four times a week.