Peridot x fem!reader

"Urgh..." You groaned as you rolled around Steven's bed, clutching your stomach.

"It is really that bad?" Steven asked. You nodded. "Do you need more painkillers?"

"No!" You heard Pearl yell from downstairs. "If you give her just one more, no one knows what could happen! It would be an overdose!"

"Then why doesn't (Y/N) feel better if we gave her the maximal amount?" Amethyst asked, heading up to where you and Steven were.

"It's because my uterus absolutely hates me." You growled.

"That's nonsense. An organ can't actually have feelings." Pearl said.

"Well, it didn't get what it wanted, so it's punishing me." You argued.

"And what did it want?" Steven asked.

"A baby- ARGH! Why am I feeling it in my back?!" You clutched the said place, disgruntled by the odd feeling.

"A baby?!" Both Amethyst and Pearl exclaimed. "And it wants that every month?!"

"Yeah. It's the reproductive system, yo." You hissed and rolled onto your back to ease the pain.

"I never understood how you get a baby. Mind explaining, (Y/N)?" Steven asked as he settled down for 'story time'.

"Uh...." You looked at Pearl. Say something...! You thought.

"We actually don't know ourselves! I would love to know, though!" She clasped her hands together.

"But I don't think it's ap-"

A odd, but familiar noise rang out in house. You sighed in relief. Saved by the warp pad!

"Don't freak out, I'm only checking something in the bathroom." A nasally voice said, as you watched a triangle head of hair waddle into the bathroom.

"What's Peridot doing here?" Pearl asked.

"She's probably looking for inspiration for her next meep morp! She and Lapis ran out of inspiration, recently." Steven cheered. Soon, a scream rang out, and Peridot slid out of the secluded room, hitting the wall at full force.

"Oh my stars!" She exclaimed. You sat up, ignoring the pain that was shooting through your uterus as you did so.

"What's wrong??" You asked.

"Red liquid! Blood! I saw blood! Is Steven okay?!" She noticed you were in bed. "Oh my goodness what happened to (Y/N)?! Was that her blood?!" She scurried up the stairs, falling flat on her face a few times before she managed to successfully get to you.

"It's fine, P-dot." Amethyst said, "(Y/N)'s just on her period."

"Her... What...?" She grimaced and looked at you once again, probably searching for physical signs of sickness.

"Once a month, one of my organs releases a big amount of blood, and well, it sort of hurts." You explained, trying to keep out the whole 'I didn't get pregnant so my body punishes me' part, since Steven's around.

Peridot remained silent for quite a while, before looking more annoyed than worried. "Why is it necessary?! Can't you remove that organ?! Why does the universe hate humans so much?!" She raised both of her arms at the sky, as if she was cursing the gods.

"I'm okay, I've been dealing with this for quite-" A cramp kicked in, making you wince in pain. "Quite a while..."

"I think we should remove that organ immediately! It's not vital, if it only works once a month!" Peridot said, climbing on the bed and sitting down in front of you.

"But then (Y/N) won't be able to have children! Right, (Y/N)?" Pearl asked, worriedly.

"Yeah, but I don't think I want children in the first place..." You told, looking at the floor.

"What?! Why not?" Steven exclaimed. "You'd be a great mother! And I'd have even more friends! I can be like, their older brother! And the gems could help you, too! They'd have the best life ever!"

"Steven, I don't even like children."

"What? But you like me! And Connie!"

"You two are special, that's why. But I can't stand toddlers." You ruffled his hair. "I'll be fine without children."

"Okay, this is nice but... What's a 'children'?" Peridot asked.

"It's a person like me! When a human grows, it goes through childhood!" And with that, Steven, Pearl, Amethyst and yourself went through the whole process of explaining the growing cycle of the average human being. After a while, you were left alone with her in complete silence, since Pearl went to her room and Amethyst dragged Steven into hers.

"Are you feeling better?" Peridot asked.

"Yeah, a bit. I think the pills are finally working."

"They better be, because if you were in pain, I'd be mad at you!" That was basically her way of saying she was worried, which was cute.

"Of course you would have been angry." You chuckled and leaned back into the bed. Peridot decided to sit on your stomach. You didn't mind, since the pressure helped with the pain.

"How come you don't want the children?"

"Because, I feel like a domestic life wouldn't be quite my style. Since I started hanging out with you guys, all I want to do is go on adventures, on missions, and help out. If I had a child, I wouldn't be able to do all that, and I probably wouldn't be able to see you as much. A kid takes everything out of you. I wouldn't be able to leave it alone."

"If that's the case... I forbid you from having children!" Peridot gave you her most severe glare, which just made you giggle. She looked so cute!

"Your wish is my command, Peridot."

"Really?"

"Yeah." You pulled her into your arms, cuddling her. "Besides, I rather have you than a child."

"Wow, thanks." She answered, not bothering to move out of your grasp. You started to close your eyes, feeling your consciousness slip out. Muttering Peridot a 'good night', you failed to hear her answer.

"I love you, (Y/N)."