Peridot x reader

(Y/N)=Your name
(I/N)= instrument name

Listening to what Steven was composing on his Ukulele, you easily figured how the song would go, just by the concord. You were a huge fan of music, anyways. Anything with a beat and instruments just made you go insane. Literally. When you first learned about it, you just couldn't stop the urge to learn more, and maybe make some yourself. The thought of that human culture had just... Gotten so into it. After a few centuries, you also became a (I/N) fanatic. Well, at least you were actually pretty good at it.

"Life and death and love and birth," Steven sang. Your eyes lit up as you remembered him singing that earlier.

"And peace and war on the planet Earth." You finished. Although you didn't have the skills to sing, Steven was fully aware of that, so you didn't really mind him hearing your off tune singing. Usually, he's pretty proud of you when you try.

And Peridot? Well, by her clueless look, she probably didn't know how normal singing sounded like, so that wasn't a big problem. Now, singing in front of Pearl, Amethyst and Garnet, that would scare you. If you had to do it with someone you trusted... Maybe it would have been better.

Smiling, you and Steven continued singing in sync.

"Is there anything that's worth more than peace and love on the planet Earth."

"Oh - wooah, come on and sing it with me..." Steven said, sliding next to the confused dorito.

"Sing?" She asked.

"The words relate to the key..." You added, bringing a finger in a 'as a matter of fact' ((??)) manner, swinging an arm around her small shoulder.

"Key?"

"If it's a pattern,"

"If it's a pattern..."

"Then just repeat after me..." You two sang. She seemed to understand a bit for now, and you then thought that teaching her about music would make your day, actually.

"Life and death and love and birth-" this time, Steven sang alone.

"Life and death and love and birth-" She repeated. Seeing as how she didn't seem talented with singing either made you feel... Better. Like if you wouldn't be alone, suffering the horrible curse.

"Now you sing mi-fa-mi-mi-fa-mi-ti-la!" You said, encouraging her.

"And peace and war on the planet Earth!" You all sang in harmony.

Both of you felt proud of teaching Peridot the basics of singing. Smiling from ear to ear, Steven exclaimed, "Yes, yes! That's it!"

Peridot rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in a smug fashion. "That's so easy,"

"Yeah, but that's what's fun about it!" You said, giving her a huge smile, too. She seemed to blush, and looked away.

"You should write a song!" Steven suggested. You excitedly agreed.

"About what?" She asked.

"Anything! What ever you're thinking!" He answered. You raised your hand, even if you knew no one would interrupt you.

"I can help! I'm really good with anything literature and music related!" You said, excitement totally taking over your body. You didn't know why, but thinking of getting to spend time with Peridot made you feel... Incredibly happy. Plus, it was for music! That made it even more thrilling!

Also the fact that you'll be the very first gem to teach her about music, and the basics of lyrics, and how they work! Maybe you could squeeze in a (I/N) solo somewhere too! If she wanted to, of course.