Peridot x reader x Pearl (part two)

You weren't dumb. After whatever happened last night, you knew Pearl liked you or something. You always have thought she had a thing for you just by the way she was acting around you, but that just concluded the case.

((A/N: because seriously, what kind of teenage girl doesn't get that thing?! I'm not complaining, but other fanfics after like a make out session or something and the reader's all like "they can't like mee ooh no" it's just a little bit too much.))

With that whole thing that went on yesterday night, you were 100% sure Pearl would act extremely awkward around you. Either that or she'd ignore you completely. So, to be polite, you had planned on giving her some space and probably just hanging out with Peridot and Steven instead.

"Good morning (Y/N)!" You heard Steven say, running down the stairs. "Excited for day two??" You answered, giving him his morning hug. Separating from the hug, he nodded and said, "Yeah! I think we're supposed to go on a mission today! It going to be so much fun!"

You loved going on missions, usually. But maybe it wasn't a good idea for you to tag along when the night before, Pearl attempted to flirt with you or something.

"I don't think it would be a good idea for me to tag along this time..."

"What? Why?"

"Well some awkward stuff happened yesterday and I think it would affect your performance if I came with you guys..."

Steven gave you a confused look. "Awkward? Are you talking about our truth or dare game? I don't think it would affect them!" He said.

You didn't answer, you were too deep in your thoughts, arguing with yourself wether you should tell him or not. In the end, you decided, hell, you had nothing to lose.

"Listen Steven, I want you to keep a secret," you started, knowing that it would make him think that it's some top secret society thing.

As you thought, Steven's pupils turned into stars as he gasped. "A secret? You're gonna trust me with a secret?" He said.

You nodded, and took him outside to make sure no one else would hear.

"Yes, and I want you to keep this to yourself, okay? It's why I don't want to go on the mission with Pearl."

"It's something about Pearl?"

"...yeah." You took a deep breath.

"So, yesterday night, me and Pearl got to see some really nice view outside. The sky was really pretty and all."

When you took a glance at Steven, he looked serious. Let's just say you weren't used to that, and it took you by surprise. You shot him a confused glance, and continued.

"It was really nice, until when I was about to thank Pearl, I noticed she had been staring at me for the whole time... I asked her why she wasn't looking at the sky, and she... She basically flirted with me."

You were expecting Steven to go crazy about this, maybe jumping around a bit, but the only thing he actually did was look at you with pure amazement in his eyes.

"So... Pearl likes you?" He asked, calmly.

"I suppose so,"

"Woah... Pearl likes a human! That's a first!" He said.

Remembering why you told him this, you sighed. "I don't think you're understanding the point, Steven. What I'm saying is, after that, everything went awkward for the remaining time we spent outside. So I don't think it would be a good idea for me and Pearl to be in the same place, at the same time. I'm scared something goes wrong in the mission."