Part title

The next weekend I was so anxious to see Danni I left Petersburg right after my last class on Friday

The next weekend I was so anxious to see Danni I left Petersburg right after my last class on Friday. I knocked on the door but my demeanor shifted when I saw Xavier standing on the other side.

"Yeah, is Danni here?"

"Yeah, you can come in."

He looked me up and down before allowing me enough space to walk through the door. Danni emerged with a white t-shirt and some grey sweat pants. Her stomach was poking out and I just smiled. She was so beautiful pregnant. My moment was interrupted when Xavier cleared his throat.

"Danni I'm gonna go, just call me when you're finished."

"Alright Xavi."

"Alright."

When did they start having nicknames for each other. My hands clenched into a fist and I fought the urge that was telling me to not only beat his ass, but also tell him to stay way from Daniela. As bad as I'd fucked up I still refused to see her with someone else. Especially not him.He blew her a kiss and she smiled before walking out the door.

"So what is he your boyfriend now?"

I wanted to know.

"No he's not. Sit down."

I followed her lead and we sat in the living room she was on the couch and I sat adjacent to her in the overstuffed chair that also sat in her living room.

"If you want something to drink or a snack or something, you know where it's at.."

"Nah I'm good."

Awkward silence filled the room.

"Danni I want to be there through everything. Your doctors appointments, picking out stuff for the baby, anything and everything-"

She cut me off.

"First off don't come in here demanding what it is that you want from me. You lost that luxury a long time ago."

I swallowed hard and clenched my hand nails into the arms of the chair.

"Danni I'm sorry, I've told you that a million times, we can't change anything. Don't punish me using my child that's not fair."

"No! What's not fair is being lied to! Being played for an idiot, giving your heart to someone only to be shitted on! That's not fair!"

"Okay and Daniela I get that you're hurt but we cant move on if you won't let me fix it."

"I don't want you to fix it Trey! You can't fix it this time! No apologies, no songs, nothing is going to fix the fact that you did what you did! YOU did this!"

"Okay! Okay! I get it! I fucked up! But how much longer are you going to throw it in my face? We have bigger issues to worry about Daniela! So what? You gonna hate me til our baby graduates? What? You gonna cut me out of their life and turn them against me? You gonna stay mad at me forever? Let me know?"