Part title

Time

"Sure

"Sure.. Nights? Well, you know I just had a daughter and my girl she's in school so.. Yes I need the job..I can start Monday?..Alright..That's fine..Thank you.."

He ended the call and looked at me.

"So what's up?"

"That was the guy about me working for transportation."

"Alright what'd he say?"

"Well I got the job but it's nights. 11 until 7."

"So I'll be home with Kyleigh all night by myself?"

I asked taken back a bit. We hadn't spent a night alone together, without Trey or his mother since she'd came home from the hospital.

"Yeah I know, I didn't want it like that but Danni we know I need a job."

"I mean it's cool. As long as I can focus on my schoolwork during the day then I can watch her at night, and if I need help you know Anixa or Keyanna will come."

"I just feel horrible leaving y'all here like this you know?"

"Trey, we'll be fine."

"You sure?"

He asked his brown eyes full of doubt and glossed with worry.

"Positive."

I got up and kissed his forehead.

I knew it was going to be tough but this would be a test for us. To see if we could really handle the task that was ahead of us. Monday was the start of the rest of our lives as parents and adults.

Monday I was up early sipping Coffee and working on my productive learning work when Trey woke up. He came sitting next me looking over my shoulder.

"Why are you awake so early?"

"I figured you would just need to rest before tonight."

"When are you going to rest?"