Spring break

A few hours later I was in the kitchen with Anixa on the side of me getting ready to put the biscuits in the oven

A few hours later I was in the kitchen with Anixa on the side of me getting ready to put the biscuits in the oven. The guys were in front of the TV watching the NBA playoffs. An outburst came from the room and we shook our head at their excitement. Kyleigh with her God Mother on the floor playing with her toys and it felt good for us all to be together again. We missed Ayden and it was odd for him to not be there so we dealt with it the best we could. I was getting cups out of the cabinet when I noticed something sparkling on Anixa's left hand.

"Ummmm what is that?"

"What are you talking about?"

"We need to have a girls moment?"

She just smiled. We went and grabbed Keyanna handing her the walker she was using to get back on her feet and went into the bedroom.

"Keyanna look at Anixa's finger."

She looked lost for a second and then she zoned in.

"Nuh uh?"

"Yuh huh."

Anixa said happily.

"You're engaged?"

"Yea he asked me last weekend."

We all squealed.

" 2 weddings oh goodness this is going to be intense."

I said wiping my forehead.

"Well Kenny and I are waiting until next summer."

"Yeah and Brendan and I have decided to wait until I finish law school and he's back from Italy."

"Y'all I'm so excited!"

I was excited for my friends but I couldn't help but to think when Trey and I would be taking that next step. We talked for a few minutes before Trey barged in saying he was hungry. We headed back down the hall and finished setting up for dinner. We were done eating when Trey stood up.

"Y'all I know it's been a rough past few months for us all, but we are all moving forward and there are great things ahead. I wanna congratulate Danni and Kenny on getting ready to graduate, Brendan on the same and his job in Italy, and Anixa on getting into law school. Y'all know that I have been working on a demo, and I am happy to tell y'all that I finally got someone listening."

We all cheered and hollered proud of ourselves.

"After Danni's graduation in May, I'll be moving to New York."

"Wow! How long?"

Kenny asked excited.

"Not sure yet."

I cleared my throat.

"You said it would be a month?"

"Yeah it could be a month it could be longer."