Fix it

With all the craziness that had been going on, I was relieved when Kyleigh left Sunday afternoon to go be with her grandmother and father

With all the craziness that had been going on, I was relieved when Kyleigh left Sunday afternoon to go be with her grandmother and father. Trey and I were still barely speaking and exchanging Kyleigh was becoming nothing more than a transaction. I couldn't complain about Trey's decision to take Kyleigh because with school alone I was swamped. I had decided to make myself dinner and had poured a glass of wine when I heard a knock on my door. Opening up I was surprised to see Chris standing in front of me.

"Hey what are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?"

Without saying a word I stepped back allowing Chris enough space to walk through the doorway. He closed it behind him before I walked back into the kitchen and he followed.

"What you making?"

"Just some pasta."

He walked through the kitchen reaching in the refrigerator and retrieving one of the Capri Suns that were stashed in the back.

"Why are you here?"

"I came to talk to you."

"You hungry?"

"I can eat."

I fixed us both a plate and he followed me to the table. After getting silverware and napkins for us both we sat across from each other, only the sounds of our forks clinking against the planks producing a sound. Chris took a break from eating and wiped his face before speaking.

"Where is Trey?"

"He left, and he took Kyleigh with him."

"What you mean?"

"Look, he found out about me and you hanging out and he got upset. And I can't blame him."

"Do you really want him?"

"Chris I love him."

"If you love him then why you play around with me like you do?"

"Chris I don't play around with you."

"Oh really? Texting me? Calling me? Dates with me you and Kyleigh, that night after my show."

I just sat quiet totally guilty and not wanting to acknowledge Chris being right.

"Look, I was confused and part of me wanted you yes. In some weird way I just wondered what it would be like to-"

I stopped talking. And in an effort to not dig myself into a deeper hole I got up to place my plate in the sink. Chris was right behind me. He stood behind me while I faced the sink placing his hands on both sides of me. I turned around and his lips were brushing against mines.

"You want what I want but you're scared. I know you love Trey. I understand that. But if you wanna fuck me Danni, there's no problem. I've been dying to get my hands on you since the day I saw you in Biology."