Just checking

It was another late night I had just fed, bathed and put Ayden to sleep

It was another late night I had just fed, bathed and put Ayden to sleep. I was separating clothes for laundry the next afternoon when Kenny walked through the door. He sat next to me on the couch going to kiss on my neck, I scooted away.

"What's wrong with you?"

Kenny asked concerned.

"Nothing at all."

I answered vaguely. Kenny took the clothes out my hand and forced me to look at him.

"You gonna tell me what's going on or you going to keep acting like the laundry did something to you."

"I saw your email."

"Huh?"

"Who the hell is Karey?"

"Keyanna-"

I cut him off.

"No Kenny I've been trying to be trusting but something isn't right. You leave and you're gone all hours of the night and when I ask you where you are you say no where. I saw the emails Kenny."

He let out a sigh.

"Key, really?"

I was fighting back tears.

"Yes Kenny, what is going on."

He grabbed my hand and led me out to our garage.

"I was trying to wait until tomorrow but since you want to be nosey."

He opened the doors and there sat two cars. Both new.

"Kenny what is going on?"

"I figured with you being here you wanted more independence. To go see your girls and take Ayden wherever so, I traded in my truck and got us both cars."

"The emails?"

"Karey works at the auto dealership she was asking what type of cars we wanted and trying to get me the best deal. You can read them if you want. I've been out late because I've been working on them. One of Trey's friends has a detail shop up here and I was getting yours set up."

I felt like such an idiot.

"Kenny I'm sorry."

He grabbed my waist forcing me into him.

"Don't worry Keyanna, it's me and you. Always, and I'll never make you feel uncomfortable again."

"And I'll ask you if I have any questions."

We hugged for a second but I couldn't help but ask.

"Which one is mines?"

"Burgandy."

"Keys?"

He pulled the keys out his pocket and I ran to open the door. He walked over smiling.

"You like it?"