A year

"Look Daniela, we grew up here and there's a lot of memories but you have to understand where I'm coming from

"Look Daniela, we grew up here and there's a lot of memories but you have to understand where I'm coming from."

"You want to get out and do you, I understand but why do we have to sell home? The little piece of them that we have left?"

"Danni, I know it is tough and I am dealing the best that I can. Neither of us are over the loss of our parents it has been a rough past 5 years but us staying here is not what they wanted."

"But this is their house and their stuff."

"Exactly. We haven't touched anything since they left. No moved furniture, nothing. Mom's car is still in the garage untouched, when is the last time you've been in their bedroom?"

I just got quiet. I couldn't even remember.

"Danni this stuff that's here doesn't equal mom and dad, they're not coming back. They're not coming back."

The tears fell and my eyes burned. Marcus walked over and grabbed my hand. Holding hands we walked down the hall opening the door to our parents' bedroom. He turned on the lights and we both gasped when we saw Marcus' basketball jersey laying on the bed.

"Mommy and daddy were fighting over him wearing that the day it happened."

I barely spoke. Marcus walked over and sat down. I walked over to Mom's dresser and admired her jewelry box. I saw the pictures of me and Marcus attached to the mirror. On the night stand was their wedding picture. Marcus thumbed through dad's closet before going to his dresser, spraying his cologne. I was trying on mom's pearls when Marcus walked over.

"This doesn't make them Danni, all of this is just stuff, it's the memories that we have. I mean keeping some things are nice, but it's not going to bring them back, and getting rid of it isn't going to change the love we have for them. My plan was to sell this house, the stuff inside and give the money to you, for your son or daughter. That's what I'm focused on. We have to stop looking at the past Danni, the future has so much to offer us."

I took a deep breath before clinging to Marcus. He stroked my hair and the tears continued to fall. I spoke muffled into his chest.

"When are you supposed to be moving."

He smiled and kissed my forehead.