Chapter 9

I woke up in Stiles' room trying to remember how I got there. "Oh yeah, I came in here last night. I guess he just left me here" I think to myself as I remember him kissing my cheek and saying goodnight. I was just sitting in the bed when the most awful pain I have ever felt shot through my stomach. "oh no" I thought. I have felt this pain before...every month. I jump up and run to the bathroom. Just as I thought. I started my period! I fix the problem and go to my room to get dressed. "Looks like I need to go to the store" I say to myself as I bend down to put my shoes on. Another pain shot through me. I quickly ran down the stairs to the kitchen in search of some Ibuprofen, but we were out. To the store it is. On the way out I ran into Stiles.I tried to get past him, but he stopped me.

"Woah, where are you going in such a hurry?" he says grabbing my shoulders. While he was distracted I took his keys out of his pocket. 

"Move out of the way!" I say with an angry expression. "I don't need to explain to you! I have rights!" I yell breaking out of his grip and running to the door. 

"Stiles, I'm taking your car to the store hope you don't mind!" I said as the door closed. Just as I was cranking his jeep, I looked up and saw him rushing out the door yelling and flailing around like an idiot. "What?! I can't hear you!" I say as I rolled the window up and locked the doors. I quickly put the car in reverse and backed out of the driveway. I switched into drive and started off down the street giggling at myself as I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw Stiles running down the street, chasing the car.

    I got to the store and went in. As I was walking down the shampoo aisle with a bag of pads and Ibuprofen in hand, I looked up to see a familier face. "OH SWEET BABY JESUS NOT RIGHT NOW!" I scream in my head. I turned around in hopes of Isaac not seeing me, but to my luck I hear a chirpy voice.  "hey Julie!" Isaac shouts at me.I turn around really slow putting the bag behind my back in hopes he wont see it. 

"Hey Isaac, what are you doing here?" I say 

"oh I was just looking for some shampoo, what about you?" he asks with a toothy grin.

"oh, uh, I was looking for the same thing." I lie.

He just smirks at me and gives me another toothy grin.

"oh crap." I think to myself as I remember that he can hear my heartbeat, so he knows when I lie. 

"well we can look together" he says playing along. 

We stand there looking at the different shampoo bottles. "well I might as well stock up while I'm here" I think as I pick out the kind I use. He gets his and we start walking to the self check-out. As we get closer I start to think of ways I can distract him from seeing me scan the bag. 

"Hey Isaac will you go get me a Snickers bar from the candy aisle?" I say giving him an innocent smile.

"yeah sure." he says and turns to the candy aisle. As soon as he turns his back I yank the bag from behind my back and slide it across the scanner. "Please re-scan your item" the computer says. "uh oh" I think as I scan again. "please place item in bagging area" it says to me as I place it on the rack. I check to see Isaac still in the candy aisle, but just about to turn back toward me. "please place item in the bagging area" it says again. I pick it up and put it back down. "please place item in the bagging area"  it says yet again. I pick it up and slam it back down, "ITS IN THE FREAKING BAGGING AREA!!" I yelled as I felt a presence behind me. 

"Um, is everything OK?" I hear Isaac say. I feel my face heat up and I just know I look like a tomato. I turn around trying to get it in the bag behind me without him seeing. 

"Oh yeah! Everything's just fine!" I laugh awkwardly trying to get the bag open.

"here, let me help you." he says and I freeze as he reaches behind me putting the pads in the bag and handing it to me. The whole time, wearing that really cute smirk that I have grown to kinda like. He scans the rest of my stuff and it works just fine. "sexist machine.." I mumble under my breath.

"What?" he says.

"oh nothing." I say walking out the door after paying, him on my heels holding my bags.

I get to the jeep and open the door, take the bag from his hand and get in the drivers seat. 

"Isn't this Stiles' jeep?" he asks looking at me.

"Yeah, about that. I kinda borrowed it to come to the store." I say looking at my feet.

"Oh, OK. Well I'll see you tomorrow at school." He said giving me a wink and walking toward his car.