Chapter 11

"My kindness is not my weakness." -Bella

Harry's POV:

As soon as I had realized that I was patting the girl's head, my eyes widened and I retracted my hand, leaving her confused as I turned away from her. 

"Get ready to leave. We'll be landing soon, I'm sure." I say to her distantly, walking towards the door and opening it, closing it behind me and leaving her in my room alone. I let out a heavy sigh, shaking my head and putting a hand to my forehead.

I should've just killed her in the first place. Now she's stepping on my toes and irritating me...I hate it. Children just have no clue what or whom to fear, so they live life in a daze which pisses me off. The real world is painful and cruel, they should know that from the beginning.

Walking to the deck, I was pleasantly surprised to see all the dead bodies had been disposed of, and the ship was now just stained in blood and not bodies. It was much better than having to try to step over a bunch of dead guys though: that could get annoying. 

"Jack!" I call out, turning around and looking up to see the black haired pirate looking back at me. "Captain?" he asks and I huff. "How much longer until we land?" I ask and he grins. "Not much longer, Cap. Look there." he says, pointing in front of him and I turn around, relief filling me as I see land close by.

"Thank God. Now I can get rid of this brat." I growl lowly before nodding to Jack. "Prepare to land!!" I shout and soon everyone is bustling around the ship, preparing for landing for the second time in the last few days. 

Usually we don't step foot on land for at least four months at a time...but stranger things have happened, I guess. 

Walking back into my room, I see the brat - Layla I believe - still sitting on my bed, playing with my pillow. 

"Put that down." I snap and she drops it out of shock, and it hits the ground. My eyes narrow at her as she gives me a sheepish grin. Pointing at the pillow, I narrow my eyes further as she sulks down, hopping off the bed and picking it up off the ground for me, throwing it back on the bed where it belongs.

"Good. Now come with me." I order and she skips over to me, a smile growing on her face. "Are we landing?" she asks and I nod my head. "Yes, now quit asking questions and follow me." I say irritated before walking out, her following right behind me. 

I felt her fingers brush my hand and I brought my hand up, raising an eyebrow as I looked down at her, seeing her lifting her hand towards me expectantly. "What?" I snap and she frowns.

"Can I not hold your hand?" she asks and I narrow my eyes. "No you can't. You're just going to follow me. The sooner we find Bella the faster I get rid of you. So you're going to have to walk fast." I grumble and she looks down at her feet for a moment before huffing.

"You have long legs, I have little ones. I can't keep up." she says sadly and I grin. "Then run." I say annoyed and she pouts at me, making me roll my eyes and turn away from her, not wanting to get caught up in her little pouty eyes. 

"Come along, Layla." I say with a sigh and she complies, following me out towards the deck and walking with me towards the front of the ship, where we could see Eastborne in full view now. 

"The ocean's so pretty." she coos and I look down at her, seeing her green eyes sparkling and her blonde hair blowing in the wind. She looked...peaceful...and familiar...

"Do you think the ocean is pretty?" she asks, breaking me from my thoughts and I blink a few times, looking away from her and nodding my head. "It's calm. Not pretty." I say and she giggles. "I think it is." she says giddily and I scoff.