Chapter 43

Harry's POV:

Everything around me felt hot.

The air above me seemed to be scorching me, the substance my body was on burning my skin, and all the injuries etched into my flesh felt as if it were on fire.

It was dark and I couldn't see anything. I knew I was alive...but I couldn't move. My eyes wouldn't open. I was trapped. My body failed to listen to me and nothing I could do would make my eyes open.

Something made my head lift up, but I couldn't tell what. I thought it may be an Aluverian soldier about to kill me...

Soon, something cool hit my lips, and I was forced to drink something. It tasted bitter, but the liquid going down my throat allowed me to open up my eyes. 

My hazy vision began to clear as I recognized the person over me, holding my head up and forcing me to drink. Blinking a few times, I tried to move, but still failed to do so.

"Louis?" I croak and he gives me a worried smile.

"Harry? Oh thank God. You had me worried for a moment you weren't going to wake back up." he says and I take in a deep breath, him helping me into a sitting position.

"What did I drink?" I ask and he holds up a large pouch. "It's medicine. The Aluverian soldiers have been carrying it around drinking it. It won't do much for those injuries of yours, but it will get your energy back up." he says, and I weakly reach out with my hand, taking the pouch from him.

I took a few more swigs of the bitter tasting medicine before letting out a long sigh, beginning to feel a lot better than I was a minute or two ago.

Memories of what happened before I went down came to my mind and my eyes widen as I begin to look around. "Where's Bella?!" I ask frantically and Louis puts a hand to my chest, making me look at him.

"She's over there, still down. I need to get to her, okay? Stay here and don't move yet." he orders, taking the medicine back, and I follow his movements as he walks a few feet over towards a body lying on the ground. My heart wrenched in fear as I realized that lump was Bella. There was blood underneath her body, and I could only pray she was still alive.

Louis lifted her head like he did mine, forcing the medicine down her throat, making her drink it. She stayed motionless for a long time and I swallowed hard, my heart thumping hard in my chest. I knew she had gone through the wringer before we met up, and then she overdid it fighting those two Generals. 

Finally, Bella slowly opened her eyes and I let out a breath of relief, looking down for a moment and thanking God she was still alive.

Louis gently picked her up and moved her closer to me, setting her down on the sand beside me. She looked completely worn out. Her eyes were still glazed, and the blood covering her body made her look completely devastated. 

Before Louis said anything, he gave her more of the medicine, her drinking it more and more once he explained it would help her get strength back.

It took us a few minutes before we were fully coherent and awake again, but once we were, Louis didn't waste any time explaining what was going on.

"The Queen's assistance has helped us greatly, but we're still outnumbered. As far as I know, the last General nor the Emperor has been killed. It seems they've been fighting in the back somewhere. They're both great fighters though, from what I gathered," he begins and I nod my head, trying to absorb all of this information.

"I met up with Phillipa on the battlefield and we discussed what was going on. She provided me with enough cover that I was able to slip away to find you two. She said she was worried about how reckless you'd be, and it seems she was correct. But you've killed another two Generals thanks to that." he says with a small chuckle and I smirk.