Chapter 28

"There are two types of pain: pain that hurts you, and pain that changes you." -Both

Isabella's POV:

A lot of time has passed since I first woke up, and I can honestly say it's been a very strange road to recovery. Most of what has happened in my recovery time has been Harry explaining to me what was going on with the men we fought, who they were and what they were doing. Also how there was someone inside the castle giving them inside information.

Even after a full month, I still can't think it's Wesly. I trust him. There's no way he'd betray us all like that because of selfish ambition or anything of the sort. He didn't have anything against Harry's family, as far as I knew.

But he was still our only suspect, as everyone else has done nothing suspicious or had a false alibi. 

Layla and her two cousins were not informed of any of this, naturally, because they are too young to be involved in war. But I could tell by Layla's inquisitive stares that she knew something was wrong. 

Coming out of my thoughts, I stretch my arms high above my head, feeling relieved I could actually move again. Of course, I wasn't fully healed, but it was good enough. Dr. Gregory gave me the all clear, so I was actually able to move around freely and not restricted. Naturally I still have to be careful about what I do, but since I didn't foresee anything happening in the next month or so, I feel like it won't be bad.

Getting up from the chair, I grab the parchment in front of me, turning and leaving the room I was in, off to find Queen Phillipa. I resumed my job after two weeks of being awake, and Harry has graciously helped me with some of my usual duties I was unable to perform.

He has hardly left my side since I woke up. It's almost strange to see the complete turnaround in him, but I'm extremely happy to see it. Something still felt off about this whole situation, but I knew I'd figure out why it felt so wrong soon enough. There's no reason for me to worry about it right now though, because that would only distract me from the good in my life, and I want to enjoy it while I'm here.

Glancing side to side I try to look for Queen Phillipa, delicately holding the reports in my hand. But with her nowhere in sight, I let out a heavy sigh. It could take me hours to find where she was in this huge castle, granted she stayed still. 

There was so much I needed to do, and we were leaving this afternoon. A few days ago my mother agreed to go back to her house, and today we were going to head out after lunch to go home. Layla was excited to go back to the beach, but Harry was a little skeptical. He and my mother were finally on good terms with one another again, although they still didn't talk on a normal basis. 

Shayla seemed to be the only one really excited to get back to the shore. Of course, this was because she would see Louis again. Him and Niall had to stay by the ship for the past month to keep the crew in line as well as make sure nothing happened to Harry's ship. 

Shayla joined us the day after I woke up. She was so relieved to see me awake she nearly collapsed, but gave me a huge hug after she regained her senses. Ever since then, she's been by my side constantly as well.

Tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, I let out a sigh. So much has happened in such a short time, I get confused on the order of what's all happened. Ever since I got dragged on Harry's ship as a bargaining item, everything has seemed to happen in a blur. 

Shaking my head, I enter into Queen Phillipa's main office, looking towards her desk to see if she was sitting behind it. To my dismay, she was not, and I let out a sigh before an idea came to mind. I could probably just leave these here and tell her where they are. I muse to myself, walking towards the desk before setting the papers down.