Chapter 50

This song basically encompasses the entire series in a whole, and it's perfect for this chapter. Very fitting, so give it a listen!!

Isabella's POV:

As I let Harry lean on me, we exited the garden, making our way towards Phillipa's throne room. He was already getting tired, sweat forming on his forehead as his breathing started to grow ragged. He still isn't in the best shape... I think bitterly, doing my best to support him. 

But my own body was beginning to grow tired and I sigh lowly. Then again, I'm not in the best shape either.

Hunter and Louis spot us along the way and hurry over to us. Louis takes Harry from me and Hunter lets me lean against him. Both Harry and I let out a sigh of relief once they assist us. 

"We need to speak with Layla." I say and Hunter raises an eyebrow, but nods his head. 

"She was with Prince Edward and Princess Elizabeth. I'll go get her." he says and I straighten up so he can leave, watching as he goes up a spiral staircase. 

Harry and I watched as he went up the staircase with ease, and I felt sick just looking at those stairs. Trying to get up them like this would be a nightmare. 

Looking over to see Harry's pale expression as he stares at them too, I know he's thinking the exact same thing. As of now, stairs were not an option for either of us.

After a few minutes, Layla comes bounding down the stairs happily, Hunter following more slowly behind her. She smiled brightly at us and jumped into my arms, giving me a tight hug. 

I winced at the contact, still very sore, but made myself smile for her. Patting her head, I stood her up on the ground. 

"You wanted to see me?" she asks curiously and I nod my head. Glancing over at Harry, he gives me a firm nod. 

"Louis, Hunter, can you excuse us for a moment?" I ask politely and I can see the uneasy looks from both of them. They didn't know what was going on, but now they knew something wasn't right.

Harry pats Louis on the shoulder and gives him a smile, making Louis let out a sigh. "We'll be back in a few minutes." Louis says, having Harry sit down in a chair before him and Hunter left.

Layla gave both of us a curious stare, her green eyes wide with caution. She knew as well that something wasn't exactly right. We were acting way too calm.

"Listen, Layla, we have to talk to you about something really important..." 

***

When Louis and Hunter returned, Layla had accepted what we had talked about, although I could see sadness in her eyes. 

"Is there any way we can see Phillipa?" Harry asks Hunter, who looks at him surprised.

"Well, yes, but it's a little unexpected. Do you need an audience with just her?" he asks and I shake my head.

"If possible, we'd like all of you to be there. In her throne room." I say and Louis raises an eyebrow before nodding.

"I'll go get Niall." he says before walking off, not questioning us. I had a gut feeling he already had an idea of what was going on, but he was being nice enough not to say anything.

"I'll go fetch Lloyd." Hunter says and I nod, watching as he walked off as well. It was weird to know what was happening, but Harry and I both knew we couldn't do anything without letting them know.

We head to the throne room after they leave, walking in, and my eyes widen in surprise as I see Wesly talking to Queen Phillipa. 

He was officially cleared because of Dr. Gregory's confession. I had nearly forgotten.