Chapter 36

Isabella's POV:

This can't be happening.

Shayla and I face each other, the trap we've fallen into unbelievable. I looked from Shayla over to the enemy ship before us, seeing the cannons except for one pointed at us, the other cannon pointed at our ship. The ship that had Layla on it. 

General Caius stares at us with a sinister smirk on his face, his hands behind his back relaxed. His long hair was blowing in the wind as I glared at him, but he remains calm, his eyes set on Shayla and I, the wind picking up a little as Shayla and I looked at one another.

"You only have one way out. One of you will kill the other, and then the survivor will face me. It'll be very entertaining to see you two fight it out. You'll be too tired after the fight to put up a good fight, sadly, so it won't be very entertaining for me," Caius says disappointed, but shrugs nonetheless.

"I was hoping for a better match up. Perhaps Harry and Bella so I could have a lovely family fight, but instead I got the two friends...Either way, it'll be a spectacle. Please make this a good show for me." he says sadistically and I grit my teeth together, my mind whirling with ideas.

I was trying to figure out if there would be a way to get us out of this. But no matter how I looked at it, it was nearly impossible for us to get out of this alive. We couldn't move without getting blown up. If I tried to attack Caius now I'd for sure be blown to bits, which would follow in Shayla and Layla's deaths as well. 

"Please Shayla...please tell me you have a plan." I say shakily, looking at her desperately, but she gives me a blank look. Her blue eyes mirror mine, and I can tell both of us were thinking the exact same thing:

There was no way we could move outside of this circle without getting us and Layla blown up. 

"There has to be a way!" I whisper, my body beginning to shake. I couldn't fight her. I can't fight my best friend.

General Caius laughs at my futile thinking, bringing his arms from behind him and clapping them over and over. He seemed to be enjoying my pain immensely. 

"The look of pain on your face is too good, Bella. Very nice expression, I have to say. But judging by the look on your face, you know what has to happen but you're still trying to find a way out." he coos, enthralled by this torture.

I give him a dark glare and he laughs at me. "Very nice, very nice!! I love that expression!" he says entertained and I feel my body shaking. 

General Caius' eyes look from me to Shayla, a grin growing on his face. 

"It seems your friend here has already accepted what has to happen. She knows there's no way out of this." he muses and my eyes widen, my head snapping over to look at Shayla.

Her head was angled down, her hair covering her eyes, and a shadow fell over her face. The wind gently blew across the beach, the early signs of strong gusts that we would surely face later on in the day. 

"Shayla..." I whisper and she raises her head, her eyes closed as the wind blows her hair away from her face.

"It's pointless Bella. You've realized it too. We can't escape this." she murmurs and my eyes widen in shock. "No...don't say this. We can do this together." I say and she shakes her head.

Slowly her eyes open and the fire in her eyes makes me take a step backwards out of fear. 

"It pisses me off to think we aren't able to find a way out. To think that we aren't able to do something like this...it's pathetic. But it's as he says, Bella. We can't get out of this trap until one of us lies dead," she says, raising her sword from it's downward position, pointing it at me. Tears came to my eyes, my body shaking as I shook my head at her.